Painting over Kitchen Wall Tiles

I am about to embark on painting my kitchen wall tiles, and it is the first time that I have done anything like this .. I have a tile primer paint and then am going to top coat with a good gloss paint. I am also going to be cutting out some of the motifs from the kitchen wall to brighten up the white tiles. I have been told that I should then varnish the tiles, to give then a tough and durable finish, but I don't know what sort of varnish to us. I was lucky enough to have my bathroom transformed by the REAL ROOMS team some years ago, and they painted all the bathroom tiles, and than put a special varnish on top, and that really made the tiles tough which is needed in a kitchen area Any help and advice will be much appreicated Mary

Reply to
Mary