Painting over acrylic paint

Hi, I have a bookcase that is of particleboard/fibreboard construction finished with acrylic paint. This is white and I'd like to change the colour, so thinking about painting over it. Would anyone know if it is relatively easy to paint over using normal oil-based gloss paint or would any special preparation be required? Thanks! OC

Reply to
osman.chaudry

My experience of doing that sort of thing is - it's fine. After all, there are many arcylic primer and undercoat paints available which are perfectly good to use with oil gloss. I'd wash down and, if possible, lightly sand.

Just try to be sure it really is acrylic paint (and not some plastic film layer) - and maybe try out on a hidden bit before committing.

Reply to
Rod