Painting lino

I'm thinking of painting the lino on my bathroom floor. Anyone have any experience of this one? The lino is in good condition, it's just the colour I hate. I'm concerned that a paint would have to be, er, flexible to a certain extent, since the lino has a certain amount of appreciable "give" under a footfall. This would rule out using normal floor paints, normally used for more rigid surfaces, I imagine.

No, I don't want to lay new lino. I hate laying lino.

Any advice/musings appreciated. Ta.

Reply to
John Andrews

John Andrews wrote

Plascon International manufactured a product for painting Vinyl flooring called 'Vinyl Flair' not sure if its still in production since they were purchased by Akzo Nobel a year or so ago. Basically it was little more than a reformulated water-borne quick drying floor paint. If you can find one of those it might be worth a shot... certainly we're using a water-borne floor paint over some vinyl (thermoplastic) floor tiles in a warehouse packing area and a couple of coats seem to last a good 12 months with heavy traffic and wear (although no water!).

The one downside I remember from Vinyl Flair is that every so often Plascon would get complaints where it had failed on some types of vinyl flooring... it didn't work on them all.

Regards

Reply to
Max Bone