Paint flaking on Artex

My bathroom has a Artex ceiling - sort of little stalagtites. I noticed the white emulsion is flaking a bit over the shower.
Any suggestions before re-paint?.
Add pictures here
βœ–
DerbyBorn expressed precisely :

Seek out a paint suitable for kitchens and bathrooms, they have more moisture resistance.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 23/09/2018 18:44, DerbyBorn wrote:

Do you have an extractor fan?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes - in the ceiling and venting outside
Add pictures here
βœ–

that sticky paint for sealing...can't remember the name of it ......I used it in the living room when the artex came off as I emulsioned it years ago...some mess.....but it stopped it and the emulsion went on fine .....
something like this
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p44309?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_mediumώed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&gclidκIaIQobChMI4qi-1ebR3QIVLLftCh2EUA50EAQYASABEgKY-fD_BwE
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 23/09/18 19:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Artex Stabilex is similar, I think. I've used that on distemper.
Add pictures here
βœ–

yes that will work well ......
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sunday, 23 September 2018 18:44:26 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

give it a good brush. Or consider getting a plasterer to skim over it after knocking off the bulk of the danglies.
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–

If it is old enough, it may contain small amounts of asbestos, so best left undisturbed. You can apparently get test kits.
Getting something to stick over it without abrading the existing loose surface could be difficult. An alternative could be a suspended ceiling below it.
SteveW
Add pictures here
βœ–

Some Artex contains asbestos, and is best undisturbed.
Andy
Add pictures here
βœ–

Improve the ventilation by fitting one of the low power low noise fans designed to be left on for most of the day. If you don't fully get rid of the water vapour in the bathroom the ceiling paint will flake. As the area over the shower is the wettest in the room near it is where the paint will flake first. The older noisy fans fitted to the light or with moisture sensors do not run for anything like long enough to clear all the moisture.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 23/09/2018 19:55, Jim K wrote:

Overskim the artex with proper plaster, and repaint with proper bathroom paint.
Stop using the shower and have a bath instead, every Sunday night, like clockwork.
Add pictures here
βœ–