Paint durability question

But, dozens of people work there. It must be 'accessible'. Surely?

Reply to
GB

The front-door is hardly the only way in ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I know of step-free access at the rear of Downing Street but I've no idea if staff use that or what'd be involved in moving the door from the lobby through to the rear and then to transport. So I await with interest Surely's response.

Reply to
Robin

Indeed. And of course we don't know whether there's a little workshop on the premises. Even so, we seem to know more than the present government does. :)

Reply to
GB

I'd still like to know how the door would be moved around upright on a trolley inside Downing Street to this "little workshop" (given the size of the door, a space bigger than offices people fight for a share in there).

Reply to
Robin

Indeed. I have to admit that I've been in the Treasury, but never in No.

  1. So, I don't know my way round.

There are lots of ways to accomplish this task without 8 people.

The obvious one is to have a two-part door, with a lightweight fascia that can be removed for painting.

Or a customised trolley that enables the door to be carried around at an angle or rotated through 90 degrees.

This all reminds me of Maxwell's Demons.

Reply to
GB

More importantly, given there are two huge windows either side, why reinforce the door?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Them's not ordinary windows.

Reply to
Robin

You think those are ordinary windows and lace curtains? Think again...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice