Overlaying self leveling compound. HELP!!!

Hi,

Perhaps an easy one, don't know really: just finishing off building m first ever extension and I laid some Febfloor self leveling compoun which went quite well but due to the limited time you have to lay i before it goes off, I could only get 3 bags mixed and down with enoug time to still work it and some parts of it aren't as level as i wante and it isn't as high as I wanted.

The question is, is it possible to lay a second layer of self levelin on top of the first? It won't be higher than what they recommend on th packet (5-6mm), but they said you're not supposed to do it cos it won' bond, or some other reason I can't remember. I know I could grout i out before tiling, but i'd like it a little higher and smoother befor I do that. Is there any way of doing it which will leave me a goo solid floor??

Cheers, Mat

-- blackspaven

Reply to
blackspaven

Yes! I've done it before, no problem

Reply to
Lobster

When my mates builder had to add some more compound to bring up the levels in his new conservatory, the builder PVA'ed first (after flattening the odd bubble in the first layer). Came up fine and haven't heard any stories of it failing.

Reply to
Ian_m