Oven door glass orientation

Our double gas oven, has a glass doors, the inner glass panels of which is slide out/ removable for cleaning. Despite it being possible to fit them back to front or upside down, the manufacturer has gone to some trouble to mark them 'this way up' and arrows to the hinge end - why?

Why does it matter at all whether they are back to front or upside down, the fit is the same, just simple rectangular glass panels?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

For the back-to-front, maybe they have a heat reflecting coating inside?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Our new oven door has some heat reflective coating on one side of the glass.

Reply to
GB

It happens that GB formulated :

Thanks, that is perhaps the reason, but I couldn't see any obvious differences in the faces.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

K-glass double glazing units come with stickers saying "this side facing in" because you can't tell the coating by looking, and not many people have the required detector.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Maybe they are laminated in some way to cope with the heat on one side? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Does the coating survive aggressive cleaning methods I wonder though? Whenever I do get around to cleaning the glass in our oven door, it needs

*seriously* aggressive cleaning methods. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+