Outdoor wood paint for barge boards – recommendati ons please

Need to paint the barge boards on the roof of the house, which type / brand of paint is suggested?

Wood is currently painted a brown colour and is starting to flake off.

TIA Arthur

Reply to
Arthur Owen

alkyd gloss paint, any of the quality names eg Dulux crown leyland.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Many thanks for the info on Alkyd paints, any brands to avoid?

Reply to
Arthur Owen

I don't have much experience of brands to avoid, as I avoid them. There's a lot of junk paint out there.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr