Ouch- eletrocution

says he will not be doing that again.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Heard about this yesterday, just hadn't had chance to see it yet.

At least it was a quick way to go (not that i'm sure it was what he=20 had in mind...)

Chargrilled steak anyone ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Three thoughts;

We are better off without his genes in the pool.

Why do they allow people on the roof of a train?

I love it when all his mates leg it instead of attempting to help - not that they prolly could, but you would try.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Curried, of course. Amazing that he touched it twice.

Reply to
PeterC

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Mate sent it to me in email this morning, a slightly longer version. You have to wonder what was going through his mind (before it got fried)

What was the voltage? 25kV?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:09:33 +0100 someone who may be PeterC wrote this:-

He may not have wanted to touch the line twice. It is also not clear that the second contact involved the same part.

Reply to
David Hansen

On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:10:47 +0100 someone who may be Mike Tomlinson wrote this:-

Looks likely. The first electrification schemes in India were 1500V DC and I believe this still exists in a few places (or they have recently been changed to 25kV). There were then a few at 3000V DC, but these have been replaced. However, since the 1960s 25kV AC has been used and all lines will be/have been converted to this.

Reply to
David Hansen

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

Shit slow and buggy site - liveleak's better

Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes OK stupid, but still horrific !

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Pretty sick snuff movie really.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A few amps, at a guess.

Reply to
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Doesn't the first hit throw the contact breaker and then it reconnects in case it's a spurious fault?

I would like to know how to snatch this video in case it is allowable as a pts training video.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Could it be that a circuit breaker opened and auto reclosed that quickly?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I wonder if they'll put that on the trakkies.co.uk website

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Looked to me like they were trying to persuade him down ,and when he decided for whatever reason to touch the wire it must have been a fairly nasty thing to witness .legging it back from such an incident is probably a natural occcurence of the fight or flight instinct we all have.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Testing testing 123

Its how the poor travel

Not been to India, have you ?

They all wanted to be the first to get the video on YouTube

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

Shamelessly following up on my own post

Does anyone know what Error 441 might be?

I can read, but have been unable to post to NGs today

Reply to
geoff

Looks to me that the second contact is his head rather than the raised arm to steady himself for this first.

Seems a tad quick for an auto recloser.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes, on that sort of power it would take longer than ~1s.

I wondere if the line was DC, but when he stood up he was close to the line and then he had to touch it so...

Reply to
PeterC

I would bet it happens quite regularly in poorer countries where people travel on train roofs.

I would also doubt there is a quicker death.

Davey