OTish, miele vacs

Anyone noticed that the price of miele vacs has dropped through the floor?
You can by one for <£110 now when they were >double that not long ago.
I bought an S4 yesterday and they still appear to be well made.
Dennis@home wrote:

Selling-off the models that are "too powerful" for the EU before the ban hits? I might be tempted to stash one away as a spare ...
Andy Burns wrote:

The S4 looks like it's been EOL'd it no longer exists on their website, the ban hits in September.
On 06/08/14 11:26, Andy Burns wrote:

I bet you will be able to buy ruggedised 'industrial' vacuums at 3Kw...

Miele seem to have lost all the cylinder vacs that had control buttons on the handle - which is a killer feature as far as I am concerned.
Why...
On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:17:02 AM UTC+1, Dennis@home wrote:

?
Coincidentally swmbo got an S2111 yesterday to keep stashed upstairs. Save her the bother of carrying the existing one up and down the stairs.
On special offer @ EURO 129
She was delighted
How can a vacuum be too powerful? after all if you run a rotating brush off the suck, the suck is lower afterwards is it not, if you make them too puny you end up with no brush rotation. What has the EU to do with cleaning up muck? Brian
Brian Gaff wrote:

In a month's time simply by being rated more than 1600W Watts (Can't remember when we discussed this before if that's electrical Watts, or air Watts) then in three years time the limit drops to 900 Watts.
Are there going to be vacuum cleaner police? Brian
On 06/08/14 17:38, Brian Gaff wrote:

First they came for the lightbulbs, but I did not say anything...
Then they came for the hoovers...
On Wed, 06 Aug 2014 17:50:31 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

:-)
Though may be :-(
Avpx
--
Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down.
(Strata)
On Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:59:57 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Electrical.
Numatic seem to have just replaced the good ol' builder's-favourite 1200w Henries with 580w, yet claim the cleaning is just as good.
On 06/08/14 19:01, Adrian wrote:

What an utterly and stupidly pointless regulation.
On 06/08/2014 20:01, Tim Watts wrote:

You should keep quite in case they decide to cut down on the Tim Watts next.
On 06/08/14 20:28, Dennis@home wrote:

They are already doing that...
On 06/08/2014 20:01, Tim Watts wrote:

Puts an end to manufacturers putting in a slightly bigger motor in order to show bigger numbers on the shop floor. Means they have to design more efficiently instead. This is a good thing.
Clive George wrote:

How many kWh per year will this save a household?
On 07/08/14 00:05, Andy Burns wrote:

None whatsoever. You will just have to spend longer doing the vacuuming ...
On 07/08/2014 00:05, Andy Burns wrote:

Its to make the grid more stable. They are just as bad as having clouds fly over 2kW solar panels. Next thing is reducing kettles to 700W. 8-)
On 07/08/14 08:21, Dennis@home wrote:

I'll just buy 4 kettles and boil a cup full in each...