Other mans junk is another...

wrote:

You end up with comments like "no one will want it" "you can't give these away"
Well so far I have managed to find a new home for everything that I have offered no matter how cheap.
tim
tim..... wrote:

EBay is a pretty efficient way to recycle, especially with the <5 miles geographical filter.
tim..... wrote:

I've only ever used freecycle once, to try and lose an old wardrobe (stripped 1930s one, in good nick) - not even a single enquiry, despite two posts several weeks apart.
David

I had a number of these stripped down in my utility room because the wood was solid oak and reusable for shelving, one was even made of walnut. Just a matter of sanding down to bare wood.

You've been very unlucky then - I've got lots of things[1], and given away lots of things[2] on Freecycle.
Keep at it - don't give up!
[1] Bicycle, exercise bike, kitchen wall cupboards for garage, 6' metal storage rack for garage, calor gas heater for garage, fax machine, carpets for garage attic etc., etc.
[2] Outboard engine, boat-carrying rack, walking boots, wicker chair, roof rack, car ramps, vertical drill stand, to name but a few.
--
Cheers,
Roger

*Replica* of georgian *style*? Fibreglass?? REPRODUCTION??? Dreadful tasteless tat in my view, should have been burnt, along with their executive plastic portico, their tudor-type PVC exposed beams, their leadlight-effect windows and their brass-plated georgian-style telephone sockets.
Absolute disgrace.

condition.
Typical woman always spend,spend,spend. sheeesh!

Au contraire, save your money and don't buy the plastic tat in the first place. Stick with whatever the building was built with. (However, if it was built as a polythene pastiche then clearly the whole thing needs to be burnt to the ground ASAP).

And the pollution from burning plastic?

That's my sister.
She throws everything out ASAP. Often she has to go and buy a new one some months later.
(And she wonders why her bank account is empty)
tim

I joined Freecycle a couple of months ago and all the items that I had and never used have gone to people who can use them. I, on the other hand, have received a few things that I did need.
--
the_constructor

Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

Freecycle's excellent.
My excess stuff goes to eBay, or Emmaus or finally to Freecycle.
--
"Religion poisons everything."
[email me at huge huge (dot) org <dot> uk]