OT: You'll have to read this more than once...

Accordion to a recent survey, replacing words with the names of musical instruments in a sentence often goes undetected.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not if you have ever done any proof reading you won't.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I spotted the squeezebox immediately.

Reply to
Graham.

It got me.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

LOL. Got me on the first read through.

Reply to
RayL12

Only took the first three words

Reply to
F Murtz

Once was enough

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Only got it 3rd time!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Blowing your own trumpet?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Got me!

I once read that your eyes only scan the top half of printed letters.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I suspect that was a one-off flute and if you tried it again it wouldn't work.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Got it in one, but then I?m generally quite quick to notice when anyone does violins to the language.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

Jon Fairbairn put finger to keyboard:

Do you parade that ability as some sort of status cymbal?

Reply to
Scion

No you need to let a text to speech system read it just once. I spotted accordion straight away. So piccolo the bones out of that.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The mind and eyes see what you 'think' it is.

Don't know if you've seen this, but I think its cool:

"Aoccdrnig to rseearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey Iteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Reply to
RayL12

I spotted Accordion immediately. This text - well, I can read it, but slowly. Normally read several words, then move my eyes and read a few more - reading paperback fiction I read a line in 3 lumps.

With that stuff I have to read every word.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

*it doesn't*

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I first saw this as a tweet - so nothing other than the text. It could be my heading prepared the mind somewhat for it.

It took me three readings to get it. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Read my reply in conjunction with the subject, not the content.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I'm fed up with "recent survey" jokes.