OT: You'll have to read this more than once...

Accordion to a recent survey, replacing words with the names of musical instruments in a sentence often goes undetected.
--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Not if you have ever done any proof reading you won't.
Colin Bignell
On Apr 19, 12:36 am, Nightjar wrote:

*it doesn't*
Owain
I first saw this as a tweet - so nothing other than the text. It could be my heading prepared the mind somewhat for it.
It took me three readings to get it. ;-)
--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

On 19/04/2013 12:38, Owain wrote:

Read my reply in conjunction with the subject, not the content.
Colin Bignell
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:25:09 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

I spotted the squeezebox immediately.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
On 19/04/2013 00:46, Graham. wrote:

Blowing your own trumpet?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

It got me.
Bill
On 19/04/2013 02:15, Bill Wright wrote:

Only got it 3rd time!

On 19/04/2013 12:25 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

LOL. Got me on the first read through.
--
One click voting to change the world.
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/
RayL12 wrote:

Only took the first three words
On 19/04/2013 11:25 a.m., Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Once was enough

Got me!
I once read that your eyes only scan the top half of printed letters.
--
Tim Lamb

On 19/04/2013 9:16 AM, Tim Lamb wrote:

The mind and eyes see what you 'think' it is.
Don't know if you've seen this, but I think its cool:
"Aoccdrnig to rseearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey Iteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
--
One click voting to change the world.
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/
On 19/04/2013 11:29, RayL12 wrote:

I spotted Accordion immediately. This text - well, I can read it, but slowly. Normally read several words, then move my eyes and read a few more - reading paperback fiction I read a line in 3 lumps.
With that stuff I have to read every word.
Andy
On 19/04/2013 12:15, Andy Champ wrote:

One of the oddities of dyslexia being that I can read that just as easily as normal text...
--
Cheers,

John.

So can I, and I'm not dyslexic at all.
--
Tim

On 19/04/2013 11:26 PM, John Rumm wrote:

+1
--
One click voting to change the world.
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/
On 19/04/2013 11:29, RayL12 wrote:

That is cool, but one can abbreviate words even more and the sense still comes through. Many years ago I used the Forth programming language for a job: it stored variable names as just the first three characters with a character-count in the 4th byte. This attracted some criticism. Here is the response by Chuck Moore (president of Forth Inc) to a letter published in a programming magazine:
"Dea- Edi-, I am afr- tha- the let- in the las- iss- abo- For- Inc usi- onl- thr- let- nam- fie- has had the opp- eff- fro- wha- the wri- wan-."
--
Clive Page

Ha ha how witty. Of course it is only possible to interpret the above because of context. Try writing software using short variable names and see how you get on. Or, rather, find a place to hide when the person subsequently tasked with maintaining that code comes after you with a machete.
--
Tim