[OT] Where have all the VCRs gone?

So did I. Including my wedding video tape - TBH who would want to watch a wedding video? I watched it once just after I got married.

Reply to
ARW

6 megs from a VHS? ;-)
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , at 20:57:39 on Tue, 21 Feb 2017, ARW remarked:

Assuming no acrimonious divorce in the mean time, either a widow or widower might gain some comfort from it. And children could well be interested.

And FWIW I videod two weddings in the mid 80's, both as a wedding present for friends, and recently they've both digitised copies as part of a 30th anniversary celebration.

Reply to
Roland Perry

This is my (friend's) case.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I beleive the tape ruins if you lie them flat. I still have my VCR but once you have seen the fil a time or two you are not likely to want to watch it decades later.

Besides the digital alternative now is amazing with android boxes so small and cheap.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

My local Oxfam shop sells them tested and working (by me) for £9.99, but only a few of their shops sell electricals. Combo DVD and VHS players do sell for good money though ! Surprised you didnt get any offered on Freecycle , try Freegle if it is active in your area.

Reply to
Robert