OT - What you always kew about Smart Meters

And the govmint has known for 4 years: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/11/30/gov_warned_of_smart_meter_debacle_by_cabinet_office_four_years_ago/
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
PeterC wrote:

There is only one reason for smart meters,To make more money for the provider.
On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 00:24:56 +1100

I would in general agree, but I have a flat near to but not in London, and smart metering might reduce the utility costs, which admittedly are already small, as it is only occupied on an occasional basis. A water meter is scheduled to be installed sometime soon, so I will be able to compare the two systems. Apparently I can keep to the old payment method for up to 2 years.
How they are going to install 5 meters in a 6" x 5" pipe chase full of pipe, I have no idea. I might be there to watch that.
--
Davey.

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 14:52:35 UTC, Davey wrote:

Since I get free electric with my spinning disc, I don't want one at all.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUikqxXUAAWFAk.jpg

Nope, you just get to pay for it later, you watch.

Then they will take the new car that I can never remember how to spell because it has such a stupid name.
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 22:01:27 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

http://jalopnik.com/is-the-alfa-romeo-giulietta-named-because-of-romeo-and-1758823986

That isnt the name of the steaming turd with wheels you are planning to buy that will be seized by the debt collectors when you refuse to pay your electricity bill.
On Thursday, 1 December 2016 23:24:01 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Mine is a grown up version of Giulietta hence Giulia.

Thanks, that should see it stick in my head now, particularly now that its been added to the dictionary to fix the problem with the woggy iu.
Likely will come in handy when they tow it away when you refuse to pay for all that electricity you have used.
F Murtz wrote:

BG rang me yesterday wanting to install smart meters. I politely declined. When I was asked why, I replied "research".

It's optional?
--
H lp! S m b d st l ll th v w ls fr m m k yb rd!

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:06:50 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Yes, just like water meters, broadband and B+W CRT TVs

In that case I'll tell EDF to fuck off. The leaflet they just sent me didn't say there was a choice. It just said "Smart meters are coming" and "They allow you to se how much you're using". I already have a device that tells me that, it's wrapped round the live fusebox tail.
--
Are you into casual sex, or should I dress up?

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 18:32:59 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

dn't say there was a choice. It just said "Smart meters are coming" and "T hey allow you to se how much you're using". I already have a device that t ells me that, it's wrapped round the live fusebox tail.
Simple - just arrange never to be at home on the day they threaten to turn up, they will soon get pissed off and leave you alone. Here, there is a big waiting list which suits me fine as at the moment I am getting free electr icity forever.

How is free electricity connected to not getting a smart meter?
--
7 wheelchair athletes have been banned from the Paralympics after they tested positive for WD40.

On 01/12/2016 18:53, Simon Mason wrote:

If the meter has failed then you will be given an estimated bill based on previous usage, and it would be upheld in court.

Since he's getting a zero bill, and not NO bill, they must know he exists. Their computer will eventually flag up that he's using no electricity and someone will investigate.
--
Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

On Friday, 2 December 2016 20:12:20 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

No - they will assume that I have PV cells and are glad that they are not paying ME for power.

PV cells have to be on their records to allow for reverse metering.
--
Two cowboys are talking over a beer, discussing various sex positions.
The first cowboy says his favorite position is "the rodeo".

No they wont, because they will be trying to replace the current meter with a smartmeter because that is what you agreed to have done when you changed to that electricity supply tariff you changed to to get free electricity on saturday and sunday.
And when you refuse to allow them to do what you agreed to allow them to do, they will read the current meter and demand that you pay for the electricity you have used and the debt collectors will take the Giulia when you refuse to pay that.

Fantasy, you watch. When they show up to change the meter and you refuse to allow that, and they read the current meter, they will notice that there are no solar panels that will come even close to powering your house entirely.