OT What have they done to Firefox?

The latest version 110.0 will not permit scrolling web pages with the mouse scroll wheel unless you select scroll lock. Doing that prevents the customisation I've made using X-mouse Button Control. Note to Mozilla: if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Reply to
The Other John

My 110.0 mouse scroll works fine, with and without scrollocks.

Reply to
Paul Herber

no prob here.

Sounds more likely to me that whatever "x-mouse" is, it's not behaving like a proper mouse?

Reply to
Andy Burns

from the release notes, mozilla *is* blaming x-mouse ...

"A bug in the popular X-Mouse Button Control (XMBC) tool may cause mouse wheel scrolling to stop working. The author(s) are working on an update. Meanwhile, scrolling can be restored by reconfiguring XMBC: either disable the Make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor option in the global settings, or enable the Disable scroll window under cursor option if using a custom profile for Firefox."

Reply to
Andy Burns

Scrollocks. Is that a portmanteau term for...

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Ah! I didn't see that but it's been working fine on previous versions of FF so it's something they've changed in the new one. I'll have a play with XMBC.

Reply to
The Other John

fat chance people can't leave well enough alone....

Reply to
Jim gm4dhj ...

I don't know what version I have at work but it is experiencing a period of complete unusability.

Reply to
R D S

It happens periodically.

Under Linux, currently I have old video images left in place when new you tube pages are selected, and a memory leak in javaScript that locks the machine up after 24 hours ...on certain web pages.

Ive manage to arrange thunderbird to occasionally have white text on a white background, too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yeah, it's on Linux. I've been here a few times before. I just use Chrome and keep checking back until it starts working again.

Reply to
R D S

Thanks for that Andy. The first option works for me.

Reply to
The Other John

I abandoned Firefox a year or so ago, I now use Vivaldi - it's not perfect but I find it works pretty well for me in general. It's Chrome based.

Reply to
Chris Green

Palemoon is another option its based on firefox but a much nicer GUI

Reply to
Mark