OT Week's insurance

Is there anywhere that can do a week's car insurance at a sane price? So far the quotes have been in lala land

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On 06 Nov 2014, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com grunted:

Try:

Never had to do so myself, but worth a look IMHO

Reply to
Lobster

Annual policy and cancel it in a week's time?

Reply to
Adrian

You'll get a pro-rata refund, but watch out for cancellation fees which could dwarf your cost for that week.

Reply to
Jon Connell

Quite likely to change about 1 months premium as cancellation fee and maybe a minimum cover duration of 1 month.

However, there is normally a cooling off period when you take out insurance of a few days and provided there is no claim - you might get all your money back? - worth a look at the small print and you might have to take out the insurance immediately when you need it as the cooling off period will start as soon as you make the arrangements

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Is this an insured or an uninsured vehicle? Probably the latter, but in case not I thought I would mention my recent experience.

We wanted a friend to have occasional use of one of our vehicles so asked about temporary cover for them. IIRC the charge was £15 for a weekend, with no more than four weekends per year. Or £10 to go on as a named driver for the remaining 11 months.

Reply to
newshound

far the quotes have been in lala land

I'm with the NFU and have just added my son to our policy for a week for £20.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

o far the quotes have been in lala land

It was ok for a day when there was some insurance, but now its uninsured an d we can't find a sensible price. Looks like the sensible option is leave i t off road for a week.

Thanks everyone

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Probably cheaper to hire a car.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Yup, cheaper to hire the car, insure it and pay for a valet job afterwards. Crazy.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I should have said that my good experience was with NFU. Will be getting them to quote for my other vehicles when the time is due.

Reply to
newshound

you MUST SORN it.

Or you'll get fined :( even if it's off the road and never used on it.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris