OT: Wave energy projects off Cornwall postponed or cancelled

Self cleaning glass may be effective if installed vertically on buildings but possibly less effective when installed at, say, 30 degrees to the horizontal. The self cleaning aspect also needs a water flow (rain) to wash off airborne dust but bird shit isn't dust, it's an etching glue that sets hard on hot days!

Just consider how difficult it is to wash bird shit from a car if left to dry for a couple of days.

I've seen how much pigeon shit can be deposited in a loft during a two week period when they have gained access through a missing slate - believe me its a lot. If the person with the panels has a colony of pigeons his roof under the panels is likely to be white.

Reply to
alan_m

Quite. But 'our' fish winds up Express readers nicely. All that they want.

The notion that the fishing industry can go back to lots of simple boats going out and throwing a net over the end is rather like suggesting going back to hand weaving.

It is truly laughable the way right wing Brexiteers claim to want to protect UK jobs on here when it comes to justifying Brexit. Regardless. But when it comes to railways (or whatever) automate the lot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In one. Sadly so many who voted thought those were promises, not hopes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

All the panels around here have a gap. I have yet to see any birds nest under them. There are a few nearby and you can see the sparrows hopping about under them hunting for spiders and other insects when its nesting season. The biggest problem I have seen is where the TV aerial overhangs the panels and the pigeons sit there cr@pping on the panels.

There are panels that are inset into the roof but I have never seen any fitted.

Reply to
dennis

Even today, when pressed as to whether Brexit is worth it, our glorious leader could only promise that "things will be different". The eagle-eyed of you will have spotted that she's avoided using the word "better".

Reply to
Jethro_uk

It would work if the glass was wired & appearance didn't matter, but I've never seen wire reinforced solar pv panels so...

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It'd be time for Dragons Den, except that they're cancelling it :-(

Reply to
whisky-dave

it was the only thing on tv worth watching Wired glass base for PV panels is not patentable though.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Are we sure that most Cornish realised that they were voting for the UK to leave Europe?

Many probably thought they were voting for independence .

I?d be happy for them to get it,like the North East of England they will probably start demanding more subsidy from the more prosperous parts of the UK to keep them propped up once the effects of Brexit strike home after a few years. Meanwhile they waste money trying to be like the Welsh and getting bilingual road signs etc for a language that had ceased to spoken about two hundred years ago till trendies with too much time on their hands started to revive it.

And the adoption of Tartan and Kilts which were never a Cornish tradition but a 20th century introduction to align themselves with the Scots looks ridiculous.

My long gone Cornish Grandmother would think it a ridiculous waste of money.

Asking a Cornishman why that ambassador of Cornish Culture, Jethro chose to live in Devon is fun.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I doubt it

We'll just tax the emmits.

+1

+1

Sensible woman

He was never an ambassador of Cornish Culture, just a Cornish born comedian with a string of very dirty jokes. Quite funny though.

and

Chris Hogg

None of them did and none of them voted for that. They voted to leave the EU, an altogether different proposition.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I realise that my warped sense of humour isn?t to everyone?s taste but when a confirmed Brexiteer has to add such a correction to what was a non serious comment you have to wonder that they have got hypersensitive to the notion that the Brexit they wished for may not turn out the way they anticipated and feel the need to reinforce their position at every opportunity . We will leave the EU, we won?t leave or be able to ignore its influence.

GH

Reply to
Marland

And you know that how, exactly? Have you polled them? Interviewed a significant sample? Of course not. Typical Brexitard fantasising.

Reply to
Huge

Because it's not what was on the ballot paper.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oh dear. Poor Huge. He isnt very smart is he?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ROFLMSAO!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you for that logical, considered, ad hominem, content free reply.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thank you for that logical, considered, ad hominem, content free reply.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Standard Brexitard arguing style.

Reply to