OT: Water Pistol

But are they left or right brained surely you should be using that criteria to decide.

cats don't have owners they have staff.

It's usually those that haven't been in close contact with humans within the first 10 weeks after birth.

Cats are clever and they will befriend anyone that feeds them. But unlike humans and dogs they aren't contolled once the food is gone.

Of course. I'd even do the same for students.

I'm betting some do, I did that with students until I get to know them, sometimes I refer to them by the cupboard I've allocated to them, sometimes by the project they are doing.

So do some humans. Cat's can in theory produce 5 litters a year whereas rats can produce 15 not quite the same rapididy but then again you've always had problmes with numbers and counting haven't.

where is over here ?

I don'rt think pigeon fancies as they are called do that. perhaps you're gettign confused with the local kebab shop.

Same goes with dogs a staffy kept coming up to me in the pub the other night, the dog was really cute kept rolling over to be tickled it was a 8 year old staffodshire bull, and normally I'd stay well clear.

I've yet to hear of a cat killing a human being or even causing serious harm to one... but dogs .... and dogs can be trained to be good or bad depending on whether your POV.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Fire hose?

Reply to
FMurtz
<snip>

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

catapult and supply of treats like Dreamies.

fire the treats into someone elses yard and the cats will congregate there in the hope of more food.

Reply to
Andrew

I sincerely hope that when your wife died of cancer that she was in as much pain as the pain antifreeze causes to a cat.

Reply to
ARW

"but there?s a rumour round here that it killed an Alsatian"

I read the Mash but I missed that one. Very funny.

Reply to
ARW

Daughter often sends me links the ones that she thinks I'll appreciate, like that one. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

And take satire for what it is worth.

Reply to
ARW

Well, yes, other than they say there is 'often a grain of truth' etc ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The following story: "Bag for life mainly used to store other bags for life"

Where I live people throw away all their rubbish in "bags for life" - if they're clean I retrieve them from the communal bin and use them, exchanging them for new ones when worn out. I don't think I've bought a shopping bag in my life.

Reply to
Max Demian
<snip>

Yeah, I saw that one (and chuckled). ;-)

Huh?

Quite.

It's amazing just how few people seem to understand the whole 'reuse bit of 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

As you say, complete new cardboard boxes from small domestic appliances in a (new) bag for life and in the bin (not flat packed or in the cardboard recycling). And then they are the first to complain when the bins are full or just dump further unprocessed waste on the ground next to the bin.

I generally carry a BFL in my back pocket (and a few dog poo bags in the other), just in case we need to get / carry something we didn't expect (like picking up some provisions on our way home from a dog walk).

I also carry a couple of the stronger (50/60p) bags in my rucksack as they also make handy mats if we want to sit on a wet bench or the damp ground etc (along with being prepared to get more shopping etc).

A thin cooler bag is both good for keeping the water cool in the rucksack whilst walking, or any chilled / frozen stuff we pick up on the way home.

We just have to make sure they all go back in the rucksack / pockets before we leave home next time.

We saw about 20 Ocado bags in for some neighbours when they were on their way home from their holidays. Apparently they normally throw them away because they feel quite thin so we put them in the car and have used them several times since (and found them pretty strong).

I went though a load of empty / used padded mail bags here today to give to a friend for their little mail order bike parts hobby. The last time I gave them some they gave me some big cooking apples and daughter turned them into a nice apple crumble. ;-)

Maybe when Brexit really bites, such bartering will be back in fashion again. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

That's not really bartering more "one good turn, deserves another". Bartering would be say five jiffy bags for two cooking apples and coming to an agreement on the "exchnage rate".

The populas will be too busy fighting over the last loaf of bread on the supermarket shelf to even think about buying the flour in the next aisle. let alone something as complex as bartering.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That would just be the Remainers panic buying.

Plus, it would be pointless their buying flour- they wouldn?t know what to do with it.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Those who wish to protest need something to throw at MP?s , eggs and milkshakes will be on ration if you believe some of the doom merchants.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Hadn?t she suffered enough after living with such a nasty piece of work over the years.

The P.O.S should remember that it works for dogs too and he has one though dog napping seems to be a main cause of losing a small dog lately.

GH

Reply to
Marland

In that particular case you are right. ;-)

True, however whilst the name of the function can change, the result of the function might not.

eg. In this case I did indeed just 'give' her the Jiffy bags and because I did, she then offered me something in exchange. I took what I considered was an amount of apples that equalled their 'value'.

The agreement re value was subliminal but was there.

I really hope that isn't the case.

The last time it happened, we just went in to get our regular mini-shop (eggs, bread, milk etc) but had to fight the hoards of people each dragging two trolleys *full* of stuff (they would probably end up throwing a lot of away as it was perishable).

Quite.

Given how selfish most of the fanatic Brexiteers are (from here), I can see them snatching (or trying to snatch) the food from the youth ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Halfords antifreeze (and most others) contain a cat deterrent now. Also they're moving away from ethylene glycol

Reply to
bert

Nah, that's what all those charity collection bags are for, bin liners.

They are quite thin plastic, and usually bio-degradable, so need to be incinerated or land-filled anyway.

Reply to
Andrew

Your view. Mine is that it'll start with the selfish, but once the shelves start to look at little bare, many will simply buy an extra loaf, "just in case". You only have to look at what happened after the Beast from the East that only created a short blip in the supply chain not one lasting months.

True...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I strongly suspect you're going to be disappointed, especially if we crash out without a deal. Might not happen on day one but it won't be long.

Yep, on the 3rd March 2018, two days after "The Beast from the East", I went to do the weekly shop in Hexham so as to leave stuff in the local Co-op and Spar for those that can't travel. Hexham is the closest place at just over twenty miles that has a range of normal sized supermarkets and has far better access than here when the weather isn't being friedly. The bread, fresh veg, milk and egg shelves in Aldi, Tesco and Waitrose were all at some level of nakedness. Assistants in both Tesco and Aldi said they had had deliveries but the shelves had been stripped bare by lunchtime. Tesco checkout lady said it was manic that morning, busier than Christmas and people doing huge shops.

Er, Why? There was no Beast from the East Take II was forecast. Hexham had a about three inches of lying snow and the roads clear and as the supermarkets said had had deliveries...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice