OT: Vauxhall Air Blend Heater

Looking for a used car for my son and several Corsa's are described as having an air blend heater. Is this air con or just a fan and heater? I just can't seem to be able to find out. Ta.

Reply to
Grumps

Budget model Corsas I know about have air con. One still working well after 8 years no maint, another, same vintage, not working at all due to leakage, presumably from a prang (one not careful woman driver), £300 quote to fix.

Reply to
Pancho

All car heaters are air-blending, surely. They have been for years.

50 years ago a car heaters hot/cold slider simply adjusted the flow of hot water through the heater. very slow reaction to change.
Reply to
Andrew

My Mk 1 Escort sent the cold air above the dashboard - the same vents used for defrosting - and the hot air to your feet. Usually good, as the cold air kept you awake, but a bit uncomfortable in very cold weather. I think models sent to very cold countries controlled the flow of hot water through the heater core.

Reply to
Max Demian

and very quick to leak ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Before that, the ones which just had a matrix and fan, with no outdoor air flow - would be simply controlled by whether you turned the fan on or not. If was still too warm, even with the fan off, then there was a valve under the bonnet to turn the heated water off.

One car I had, Ventura, had an early automatic incoming air temperature control. A mercury bulb measured the temperature, expansion and contraction adjusted the temperature of the water, depending on how you set a dash control. Very clever for it's day.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.