OT: Unbelievable climate change bullshit

The planet started out with an atmosphere entirely of CO2 and nitrogen. Plants came first and converted the CO2 to O2 and Coal. Animals came later.

Reply to
harryagain

Only by reason of the associated vulcanism.

Reply to
harryagain

Climate change deniers remind me of the Flat Earth society. ie, heads up their arses.

It still exists, you can join if you like.

Might suit you.

Reply to
harryagain

Reply to
Mr Pounder

On 25/02/2015 15:59, harryagain wrote: ...

Where can I buy plants that produce coal? I can't find them at my local garden centre.

Reply to
Nightjar

you can but you need to wait a few million years before getting the coal

Reply to
charles

All of them produce coal.

It just takes a few million years.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually you can! Amongst the garden centre fossil tree survivors are:

Monkey puzzle tree aka Aucaria araucana Ginko biloba (primitive deciduous)

You can find fossils to match both of these in the coal measures and they have remained largely unchanged since then.

Neither are quick growing here - 6" a year if you are lucky. And you will have to be *extremely* patient waiting for wood to turn into coal.

Whitby jet is a form of fossilised Aucaria although far too precious to burn as coal it is worked into jewellry for goths and other tourists.

Martin Brown

It is a religion and non-believers are considered to be heretics.

Reply to
Nightjar

The calculations the treehuggers came up with are talking about fractions of a percentage of CO2. We've got 20 whole percents of oxygen to use.

Another thought - we ought to stop recycling, because dumping waste in landfills puts the carbon back in the ground....

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

I'm surprised to find anyone in here that doesn't believe in it. I thought there were no "heretics" left.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

The atmosphere in the Carboniferous was very similar to what it is today. This, from

'Earth's climate and atmosphere have varied greatly over geologic time. Our planet has mostly been much hotter and more humid than we know it to be today, and with far more carbon dioxide (the greenhouse gas) in the atmosphere than exists today. The notable exception is

300,000,000 years ago during the late Carboniferous Period, which resembles our own climate and atmosphere like no other'.

Except that dinosaurs weren't around in the Carboniferous. They came later.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I completely believe that climate changes. I just haven't seen any evidence that anybody knows why or how.

Reply to
Nightjar

The most likely thing is that the feedbacks in it are sufficiently complex fir there to to be no need for a 'why'

If you like, climate changes all by itself.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Coincidentally we have one of each of these in our back garden.

Reply to
Huge

try and get a government grant...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Haven't yo heard of a coaliflower?

Reply to
bert

:-)

Reply to
Nightjar

I have one of those, but it doesn't do what Harry claims and convert CO2 into oxygen and coal.

Reply to
Nightjar

There is plenty evidence to suggest that anything we do will be counteracted anyway. If you like, it's self stabilising.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265