OT tv speakers

My living room is about the size of a bedroom :-)

Reply to
Stuart Noble

So unless I'm being really fick a phono-phono lead from the poundshop would connect TV to speakers?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes, but it was only a test to see if there was any real change - and my nearest shop with such leads is a 2h trip. It wasn't worth any trouble, as the speakers aren't good ones. I'd like a

2.0 set-up with reasonable speakers (hence amp. and KEF); don't really want 2.1 as I dislike false bass and there's not enough good stuff on TV to warrant much trouble or expense (now Radio 3...).
Reply to
PeterC

Sound quality on freeview radio channels is fairly good.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But how can you stop yourself staring at the tv screen while listening to the radio?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Yebbut, lots of watts for TV without pictures!

Reply to
PeterC

Sorry, forgot we weren't talking about a separate box here. I turn my telly off when listening to the freeview.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I suppose expectations of decent sound have been diminished due to the younger generation listening to music on mobile phones.

Reply to
John

As the OP I should just follow up by saying I bought a junk set of ASDA surround sound speakers (mainly for the remote control) and even they have made a huge difference to the sound. I have them tucked behind the tv rather than all round the room, but they have certainly cured the tinny LCD sound problem.

Reply to
Stuart Noble