OT: Today in South Yorkshire

Yup. Only about 40 years after needed. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No planning or political system is perfect and fully immune to pressure, and we weren't the only victims, there have been many others across the world. If you haven't seen it already, next time it is repeated I suggest you watch:

"Dark Side of the Greens"

Java Jive

Ah! I was thinking of Travis Tritt, or some such name. If you've heard him, you'd understand my reluctance to let the piece play.

Yes, thank heavens!

Reply to
Java Jive

Actually, there's a hotel with a bar.

I'm the person who got Tescos to deliver here, so when I need help in collecting new floorboards from Perth, I get it, and am grateful.

Reply to
Java Jive

If any human laid an egg, it would be a biological first, and you'd expect them to make a racket.

Reply to
Java Jive

It doesn't say much for the English here that they have to dredge up centuries-old insults rather than devise their own.

Perhaps you all should go and play spacemen with plastic bags?!

Reply to
Java Jive

Yet no-one nominated you for a medal!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Why would they? I don't suppose anyone has ever nominated you for one either ... at least, not one anybody would want to receive.

Reply to
Java Jive

In fact I was awarded a CDM following a recommendation by a lady up the street.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Like I said, why would they ...

Java Jive

Cadbury?s Dairy Milk?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Imagine what she could have given you instead of a recommendation.

Reply to
ARW

Oh dear.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

So whether you were joking or not, it's not an award I'd want, I can't stomach milk chocolate. This would be more my style:

Java Jive

It's only 43%. You need a lot more cocoa solids than that to help a serotonin problem.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I don't have a serotonin problem, I am going on taste.

Reply to
Java Jive

Got many of those streets here in Cambridge several of them, bloody great big wagons then people take the works van home, transit stylee and then wonder why theres no parking!..

Reply to
tony sayer

O dear, I feel sick.

Reply to
Phi

only logging lorries being driven at suicidal speeds through the loch-side roads.

Reply to
critcher

And stupid tourists trying to get their hired camper vans over that famous unclassified road in the highlands.

Reply to
Andrew