OT: Times change

Stepdad. Not the biological dad to any of them. He has just shagged/lived with 3 of their mothers after the real dad had f***ed off.

There is probably a rota arranged for those single mothers.

Reply to
ARW

You need to teach him how to shave eyebrows.

But just half of each eyebrow is much funnier than a full eyebrow.

Reply to
ARW

:-)

Good old days.

Reply to
ARW

I am sure her at no 58 "my street" uses a broomstick as a mode of transport.

Reply to
ARW

When I was a kid lots of people didn't bother locking their houses. Obviously that seldom happens now.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

<shudder> What a terrible experience. Britain badly needs sorting out and cleaning up. Hopefully that worthy goal can at least become feasible after we get out of the EU.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

My parents never minded me visiting the local witch. They thought it was nice the old dear had someone to talk to.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

For all the arguments over practicality etc, this does at least mean they get time to enjoy some time together each week, which is likely beneficial for both sides in a number of ways.

Reply to
John Rumm

ISTR at our children's junior school, they usually wanted to see them collected by a known adult... and that applied right up to year 6. If you wanted someone else to collect them then you had to pre-arrange it with the school.

Reply to
John Rumm

When I was a kid we went away on holiday for a week and accidentally left the front door ajar. Bit worrying when we returned to find it ajar but nothing stolen or any intruders. Street of 1930's semi's.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So baby sit until parent arrives?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nothing to do with that.

Now then, now then, would you like me to fix it for you... Ahhhh The authorities never caught up with him until after his death.

No we haven't and that is the problem.

You need a DBS (CRB) check to look after kids now.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I think most schools require parents to sign contracts before admittance nowadays, and to sign up to a scheme such as parentpay. If they fall behind on payments, the child doesn't get lunch or other expensive activities.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

on 30/01/2019, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com supposed :

Now we have lots of easily transportable high value items and most have the means to move such, back then we had not so much worth taking and not so many had cars so less easy to get far.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

That's not why. It just wasn't an area with any significant crime. Anyone that showed up would be seen & challenged by multiple nighbours.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

And far fewer drug addicts funding their habits by looting our houses.

Reply to
BillD

But plenty of racists?

Reply to
Mark

Would that be black, white or brown racists you are enquiring about?

Reply to
Richard

Tent?

Reply to