OT Tidal power

Dennis you miss the point, the scheme pumps seawater from that vast reservoir called 'the sea', into a land based reservoir made from the area formerly known as Scotland, using the wind turbines, topped up by the rain that falls over Scotland most of the time. It solves the rising sea issue, the problem of intermittent generation from wind turbines, and the problem of what to do with Scotland when Irn-Bru is outlawed.

Reply to
The Other Mike

On 15/08/2014 19:09, John Williamson wrote: ...

The British Army, otherwise the only fully mechanised army in the world in 1939, also had a few cavalry units in the Middle East, where the terrain was unsuitable for the vehicles of the day.

Reply to
Nightjar

and in Hong Kong in the 1980 still used mules.

Reply to
charles

That's the point. You don't know if they will still work in decades time as the climate is changing.

Reply to
dennis

Exactly so re the tax. Spare time hobby for me.

Reply to
harryagain

Because SFB, hailstorms are local events associated with CuNim (thunder clouds).

Reply to
harryagain

I have.

Reply to
harryagain

Reply to
harryagain

A mix that needs to be changed.

Reply to
harryagain

Why does it neccessarily mean I ran it as a business?

Reply to
harryagain

It's because many are old. Heated by coal in many cases.

The new ones are far more efficient.

Reply to
harryagain

And you have demonstrated you are stuck in the past, unable to see we need a complety different way forward.

Reply to
harryagain

The problems we now have in the NHS are recent. Due to parachuting in people with zero experience of running hospitals. Eg

harryagain

Usual drivel eh TurNiP

harryagain

Usual drivel.

harryagain

I have been there. Took a bus trip across part of the interior. It was nearly all desert. Filled with wannabe Crocodile Dundees at that time.

Reply to
harryagain

Was. Haven't seen it for years Alright for you garden but too expensive for farms.

Reply to
harryagain

There was a major traffic on canal boats. It had to removed from towns because of the pong if nothing else

Reply to
harryagain

So how do you know we won't get lots of slow moving thunder storms that will knock out all the solar panels? You claim we are going to get more sever weather but appear to want to ignore what you say.

Reply to
dennis

I only have the figures on new ones!

Reply to