OT: This could make a few windmills redundant

It's quite rare that it's completely incomprehensible. Usually by parsing back and forth a couple of times, your innate error correction abilities should enable you to progressively fix up the text. If you're human, that is.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I have no idea. But the engine was about 200hp/

harryagain

Are you sure? According to my reading of the Wikipedia article, the para yo u've quoted is a description of the earlier Gnome engines.

It goes on to say 'In 1913, Louis Seguin and his brother Laurent (engineers who founded the Société Des Moteurs Gnome [the Gnome motor company] in 1905) introduced the new Monosoupape series, which eliminated the inlet va lve, replacing it with piston-controlled transfer ports similar to those fo und in a two-stroke engine.'

Reply to
docholliday93

I have no idea but the engine was about 200hp and the car wieghed around half a ton. The straight line acceleartion would see off Porsche and the like but I never did sort out the handling. Too many factors.

Reply to
harryagain

well arguably transfer ports are, like sleeve valves, valves..:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think your comprehension needs improving.

And picture. One valve and bypass ports.

One valve (used for inlet and exhaust)

Reply to
harryagain

Back to the abuse when you ignorance is revealed. (Again)

Reply to
harryagain

I reckon this only has one valve, but it is an external combustion engine.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Popliteal fossa as any ful kno. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Indeed, my comment was more aimed that the reference to TNP as TFP... I had not realised you had introduced a new TLA rather than simply misread/types it, perhaps expansion on first use might help!

Reply to
John Rumm

I bet Ive read more books on phislophy than he has read the sunday star

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually that was the second use. I was a bit more explicit earlier in the thread. (The fake philosopher - more cant than Kant). I dreamed that up years ago but am not sure I ever went into print with it before I ceased to be a regular here.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

The ever confident idiot. Phislophy indeed. I bet he hasn't read a single one. Now if he has said philosophy he could easily be right since I have no recollection of ever reading such a paper.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

"The diesel engine has the highest thermal efficiency of any standard internal or external combustion engine due to its very high compression ratio. Low-speed diesel engines (as used in ships and other applications where overall engine weight is relatively unimportant) can have a thermal efficiency that exceeds 50%."

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Some of the WW1 rotary engines had one valve per cylinder.

They had another one in the piston, though :)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Hah,That is a new one on me. I wonder if it even hits 1% efficiency?

Reply to
harryagain