OT: There were 900 families in that tower block!

The commentary led me to think that was taken by the fire crew leaving, but I wouldn't argue the point.

Reply to
Nightjar

for all today.

All 'who' ?. The entire world ?, or just the ones who have blagged their way in under the pretence of 'persecution' at home. ?.

And in case you hadn't noticed, the annual deficit is still over £50 Billion. This is not a sign of austerity, it is a sign of profligacy.

Reply to
Andrew

In message , at 11:48:50 on Tue, 20 Jun 2017, Nightjar remarked:

There's several newspaper reports I've now found which imply the first response team went inside, put out the fire, and the told residents everything was OK. On emerging from the building, *then* they saw the cladding was also alight, something they were presumably unaware of from inside the core of the building coming back down the four flights of stairs. At that point they re-entered the building (against the rules, allegedly).

Reply to
Roland Perry

Can you give details of the numbers 'who have blagged their way in under the pretence of 'persecution' at home. and the actual cost to the country?

Any verifiable source will do.

Or a sign of spending what money there is on the wrong things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's because there hasn't been any austerity.

Reply to
Huge

A fridge exploded - and what does one keep in a fridge that might explode?

Reply to
bert

Reply to
dennis

A fridge exploded. It was empty

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry r600a?

Reply to
dennis

R600a I think you meant Isobutane?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

CALCIUM CHLORIDE

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

perhaps he was a gritter ...?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oh yeah, Portillo is such a pillar of the Conservative establishment lol!

Reply to
Chris

I don't buy this theory. The only other time this has happened in recent history was (in Glasgow within the last year, I believe) some dope dealer was cooking up a batch of crystal meth which exploded and spread to a bunch of other flats. I'll bet the same thing happened here. Something fishy we're not being told about (again).

Reply to
Chris

I believe nitroglycerine (main ingredient of Dynamite) is supposed to be kept close to but *not quite* freezing. Sounds more plausible than last night's vindaloo.

Reply to
Chris

"Honest it was, mate."

Reply to
Chris

You need to look at what is in an empty fridge and stop looking like a prat, Rod. About half of modern fridges have 50-150 grams of butane in them and as we all know it burns and/or explodes.

What isn't known is how it got from the fridge to the cladding without anyone noticing.

Reply to
dennis

In message , at

13:57:58 on Wed, 21 Jun 2017, "dennis@home" remarked:

FSVO "anyone". If the original crew were all inside the building dealing with the fridge fire and its aftermath, then it's plausible they didn't stick their heads out a window every 30 seconds to see what was going on outside. Or does one of the crew always wait outside.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Was it?

Reply to