OT The next door neighbours have finally moved

No wonder the government gets away with the stasification of this country while there are people with attitudes like that.

You could make someone show their ID number every time they bought something

Reply to
Alang

What's 'stasification' ?

Gosh, I haven't got an ID number - have you? Where did you get it?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You'd be suprised how many ID No.s people have; National Health No. (which was used for identity cards during WWII). National Insurance No., Driving Licence & the list goes on.

Don.

Reply to
Cerberus .

It'll be on your compulsory ID card soon.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That makes so much sense. I believe (but could be wrong) that in Germany if you sell a car, your insurer is responsible for third party liability until such time as another company takes it over.

As you can imagine there are *very few* uninsured cars on the road as buyers simply won't sell them to someone who doesn't turn up with appropriate insurance.

Cheers Someone

Reply to
somebody

In message , Mary Fisher writes

You lead a *very* sheltered life if you still believe that.

Not so many years ago the guv'mint decided that they were allowed to buy spending details and transaction history from your card issuer.

I did some work for a bank for a fair while and was shocked at just how much had to be reported back to the authorities on a routine basis.

Do you honestly believe that because you don't have a "number" it doesn't matter?

Cheers Someone

Reply to
somebody

So, now that you feel safe in your own house, you're dumping the girlfriend?

What a shit!

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

Aye, ours charges =A315 for up to three "bulky items", That does *not* include "electric appliances, cookers, garden waste, builder's rubble or= fixtures and fittings".

It's =A315 *per item* item for "all Electric Appliances like; fridges, freezers, televisions, cookers and computer monitors".

What is really gaulling is we paid our =A315 quid to have some mattress'= taken away. They went in the normal rubbish collecton truck... Next time= we'll just put the stuff out and see if it goes. I really can't see the =

council and the waste contractors being clued up enough to reliably and =

accurately communicate that this property has this bulky waste this othe= r one that etc etc.

Quite. The question was raised how does it get to the back lane if the person hasn't a car? Well I bet they have a mate with one and a pint dow= n the pub will see to that...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They're not ID numbers though, they're specific to their purpose. Sometimes they'll be accepted as ID but not universally.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I know all about 'shared' personal details - not that it matters a jot to me - but they're not the same as specific ID. If they were why would They be proposing specific ID cards?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They are unique to you and are ID numbers.

They are not proof of ID, no ID number is proof. You need some item for proof, like an ID card. An ID card that only you can get unlike an NHS number which anyone can actually apply for. You are confusing ID numbers with ID.

Reply to
dennis

The last time we had some mattresses to throw away, I propped them against the wheelie-bin. The bin men took them ...

Reply to
Huge

Mainly because they intend to replace the other IDs with one /you/ have to pay for.

Reply to
dennis

No problem - there's sure to be a blood sample on the sharp edges at the back of the fridge.

Reply to
Ian White

I'm not sure I understand that. Yes I am sure - I don't understand it :-)

Just received a letter and card from the Organ Donor folk thanking me for offering my poor old bits and pieces. With my letter was another, to someone else in the city. Perhaps I could use her card as ID ...

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was about dumping fridges and cookers, remember?

Try lifting... no, on second thoughts, let's all not bother :-)

Reply to
Ian White

Ah - yes, clever :-)

Sorry to be so dumb, I've just broken a little toe. Not on a fridge or cooker. It hurts and it's distracting :-(

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Right enough - foot up, keep all your blood, and get better soon.

Reply to
Ian White

Is it universally accepted that to know all three of the above from memory makes one a sad old git? I only ask...

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Thanks. Blood is seeping into my foot tissues judging by the ever-spreading bruise. Doesn't hurt as much now though.

Mary.

Reply to
Mary Fisher