OT. Ten percent.

In article , Tim Streater writes

When my Mom annoys me, I tell her I'm working to pay her pension, to which she replies, "quite right too!" :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , stuart noble writes

Nah, I'll book a ticket to Geneva and pay a visit to Dignitas.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

All political parties are similar. None, have any real power and, all are dependant upon banks. Sadly.

Reply to
RayL12

These swings in the currency are DELIBERATELY engineered so that those in the know can make a fortune at everyone else's expense.

Reply to
harry

Hear, hear.

Reply to
Huge

Says the man who got educated out of other peoples taxes.

Reply to
dennis

In theory my parents paid the money for my schooling and health care. If I had kids I assume I'd be paying for theirs but as I don;t I assume I' m paying for someone else's or perhaps the money is going out of the countr y as a friend of mine who has kids in portugal sent his wages and allowanci es to his misses in Lisbon, he shares a flate with 3-5 other people sharing two rooms.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Saw some Cypriot gov official on the box, the new idea to raid pension funds for the money.

Now where have I heard of that one before?

Reply to
harry

On Wednesday 20 March 2013 17:02 harry wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Didn't the last bloke to do that overtly fall off a boat and drown?

Reply to
Tim Watts

When did Blair do that?

Reply to
dennis

When the basic rate of income tax was something like 32p.

Reply to
bert

He means Maxwell. Though he wasn't the last one.

Reply to
harry

He didn't, nor did his sidekick Brown.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

What, drown? Unfortunately you are right. But Brown did do a raid on UK pension funds.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No, you are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you reckon that it would be reasonable to get 5% interest on your savings and instead you're getting 0.05% or somesuch silly rate, you'll be 10% down after a couple of years.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

We pile up assets in the hope that down the line the next generation or two will take them off our hands in exchange for some of what they produce. If they don't we'll starve.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

It was a rhetorical question in response to a comment that nobody was paying their way.

Reply to
Huge

QE has reduced the value of (y)our savings by far more than 10%. The only difference between QE and what the Cypriot authorities are doing is that the latter is more blatant. Either way, the State is stealing your possessions for its own ends.

Reply to
Huge

He did not raid any funds. He altered the taxation of the returns of those funds.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q