OT: Talking of pandemics ...

I would be interested to hear what some here (so not the trolls etc) think of this:

It covers the progress of Covid / the Pandemic over this year (and why it makes sense to stop f****ng about with animals etc).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Anyone watching this will have lost over 50 minutes of their life.

I can't be bothered to watch all that propaganda, perhaps someone can say what it's about as Tim seemingly can't be arsed to?

Reply to
Fredxx

There is a current thread on here which sets out some of the arguments against Tim's propaganda.

Eat less meat.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Good recommendation Tim! ;-)

Yup, a load of people with the vested interest to pedal animal flesh at the cost of animal exploitation lives and suffering and using any distraction / excuse why they can't do anything else / better they can find.

No surprise there then.

It's good to see though that *some* people see the writing is on the wall and they may have to start justifying their activities a bit better.

Why are they putting vast amount of money and research into lab grown meat, if using real live sentient animals is 'ok'?

Some people really need to stop looking at the other animals we share this planet with as food for us to eat simply because we like the taste, rather than because we need it.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I don't mind giving up eating bats and even pangolins if that'll help.

Reply to
Max Demian

That would be a start!

What I find funny is the predictability of Tims reply, using his emotive words again like 'propaganda' re a subject that is SCIENTIFICALLT PROVEN to be related to mans interference and exploitation of animals!

Maybe he doesn't understand the meaning of the word zoonotic or believe such a thing exists?

"4. SCOPE OF THE PROBLEM About 60 per cent of human infections are estimated to have an animal origin. Of all new and emerging human infectious diseases, some 75 per cent ?jump species? from other animals to people. Most described zoonoses happen indirectly, e.g. via the food system.

  1. OUTBREAK FREQUENCY AND PREDICTABILITY The frequency of pathogenic microorganisms jumping from other animals to people is increasing due to unsustainable human activities. Pandemics such as the COVID-19 outbreak are a predictable and predicted outcome of how people source and grow food, trade and consume animals, and alter environments."

So, given we don't actually need to 'farm' and exploit animals just to eat (or for most other reasons in 2020), it seems perfectly sensible to me that we don't.

It seems people like Tim (and the other Neanderthals <g>) actually like playing Russian roulette with the rest of the worlds population, for no valid reason?

Again, his reaction is no surprise to me, it must be difficult being in a position where you have been doing something you thought was good / acceptable / safe and it turns out not to be.

Like the CEO of B.A.T. saying their product was perfectly safe and it should be peoples choice if they consume it or not, well true, until those doing so become a physical / financial burden to the rest of us.

Some of us can see the risks, spot the trends *before* the shit hits the fan (as with the Covid isolation rules. I didn't need the government rules to know what was likely to be safe / dangerous or not) whilst others seem keen to continue dragging us all into it, even thought the writing is clearly on the wall?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'd guess that it's a bit about animal welfare, and a *lot* about global warming, economics, etc.

In answer to your "Why", T i m, it's because the whole world wants to eat meat, like what them Westerners do [1]

To grow that meat, they're cutting down forests all over the world, and breeding herds that convert cereals into noxious gases.

Our agonising about becoming vegetarians (or even god forbid vegans) here in the UK, let alone Europe, is a pathetic little academic discussion, inside an ivory tower, compared to the realities of the appetites of the world's teeming billions.

All that aside, I wish you and your compadres all the best, and also those who are developing artificial "meat": there's no doubt that too many people eat too much meat: it's the gross indulgence of a primitive instinct.

You're a real pa> > Eat less meat.

HAHAHAHAHA! Classic stuff Max! Got the week off to a good smiley start :-)

John

[1] Quite apart from the fact that a lump of meat is the best and easiest way to give your own "meat" (i.e. your body) what it needs, and in a compact form: ask any 3rd world person for whom meat is a rare luxury.
Reply to
Another John

Vegans didn't invent this stuff mate, we are just amongst those trying to reduce the problem we are all suffering because of it.

I never said it was and it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

The point being, we don't have to eat meat, we don't therefore have to suffer the resource loss / waste, we don't have to have the pollution and we don't have to subject trillions of animals to all the pain and suffering.

If we reduce the risk and issues associated with all that, we can free up loads of resource / finances to deal with all the other problems.

Denying there is a massive problem because of our INDUSTRIAL levels of animal flesh production (just because we like how they taste) is not seeing the bigger picture like not wearing a seat belt because you

*could* become trapped if your car goes into some deep water, when that only accounts for a trivial number of vehicle related deaths.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You could have made a start on animal pain and suffering with your dog.

Reply to
Spike

Perhaps a safer route would be to annihilate bats which represent the most common source of zoonosis.

Coming into contact with infected vegetable can be pretty bad too:

Fredxx

God forbid you're ever predictable.

Reply to
Richard
<snip>

Not sure that was the reason given, I've often stated 'f****ng about with' that can sometimes lead to them being eaten. They can often be worn (eg Mink).

We aren't talking about you though are we.

It covers zoonotic virus and animals (because that's what zoonotic viruses are).

Of course, but that's 'food poisoning', not specifically because of the food itself but the bad environment, preparation and storage in most cases.

Touch a raw chicken (*any* raw chicken (campylobacter, salmonella and E. coli.) and you are supposed to wash your hands before touching anything else. You should also keep it away from anything else (including veg) and even be careful washing it under the tap in case the splashes infect something else!

Of course, I'm pretty sure that wasn't in question. I wouldn't have you the sort of person to have bought into all their marketing quite so much!

You are the Auzzy version of this guy ...

Aww, poor Neanderthal. I thought I'd give you another chance, seeing it was coming up to Xmyth but I see you are still no better than you ever were and still sound like some of the other socks that appear here.

Sfunny that you seem quiet when they are noisy ... coincidence, nymshifter?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You like your Straw Man arguments, don't you.

You appear to have two choices in eliminating zoonotic diseases:

[1] get rid of all animals [2] get rid of all humans

Either one will lead to considerable environmental pollution.

Reply to
Spike

You don't much care for the 'difficult' answers, though, do you?

Reply to
Spike

Rarely choice. Often it is down to economic reasons or abusive pressure from 'loved ones'.

They're also being cut down to provide your Soy milk and substitute meats.

Reply to
Fredxx

I haven't watched the video so i'm only guessing its content,

But I drew the conclusion myself some time ago that we would be much better off if we had a look at the way we interact with animals. And should probably stop (or drastically cut down on) eating them.

Reply to
R D S

No need to guess, it's pretty much as I describe. ;-)

Absolutely ... and you are far from alone of course (and for decades now). It's just now a load of things have come together to make it even more pertinent 'now' ... and because of the rapidly increasing commercial / social support, easier.

Yup, for many, *all* the medical advice out there suggests we should cut out processed meats and cut back meat consumption in general. They don't say 'cut out' because of the backlash from those who insist it's still required for a balanced diet (ignoring the opinions of *tens of thousands* of nutritionists from the British and American Dietetic Associations who state a well planned vegan diet (and *all* diets

*should* be 'well planned' of course [1]) is perfectly adequate for all ages and lifestyles) and from pressure from the meat / dairy / egg producers (vested interest, irrespective of animal welfare or our health).

Why did the government put £500,000 of 'our money' on the 'Milk your moments' campaign for example and not also milk alternatives?

Cheers, T i m

[1] And often aren't but the only time people seem to get excited is when it's means you don't cause animal suffering to do it? Many people are already deficient of key vitamins in the UK (and that would include vegans) so even meat eaters can be B12 deficient. The answer of course (for everyone) is a well planned diet / regular blood tests. Eating dead animals are mot a guaranteed solution, even if they do have to be given B12 supplements themselves (that would be more efficient for us to take directly).

T i m

I couldn't agree with you more.

Some here are so fanatical they can't see the wood for the trees and believe that the immediate enforcement of an unnatural diet is the panacea for how we interact with animals.

I like to think that some of us can see the bigger picture in a natural, more grown up, balanced approach.

Reply to
Fredxx

Not you. Grown up and balanced means when its our lives or animal lives, we choose ours

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You could save some energy by stopping posting your garbage.

Reply to
Radio Man