OT Sun's impact on climate change quantified for first time

"For the first time, model calculations show a plausible way that fluctuations in solar activity could have a tangible impact on the climate. Studies funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation expect human-induced global warming to tail off slightly over the next few decades. A weaker sun could reduce temperatures by half a degree."

Interesting if real. As with all climate-model predictions, only time will tell.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

That TinyURL isn't working. Apologies; I usually test them before posting. Try this

or this

Chris Hogg

The star we call home like most of them does vary in its output, but its very interesting to see over the years how much the climate of the earth has changed. I still however feel that to go down the Trump path is foolhardy. After all its not as if what America does only affects America, it affects everywhere. Even if the sun is variable shoving lower levels of greenhouse gas into our atmosphere is certainly not going to help. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its climate change scientists looking for a way to save face as their farcical claims are shown to have been rubbish.

Reply to
dennis

The original link worked fine for me ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

harry

Are you suggesting it is smart to burn limited reserves of fossil fuels.

Do you deny CO2 is a greenhouse gas, as is methane?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Do you claim to know how much effect CO2 has as a greenhouse gas? Do you know methane has a much bigger effect? Do you know that water vapour has a far bigger effect than either of them? Do you propose we remove water from the atmosphere as its the biggest polluter by your standards? Or are you saying greenhouse gasses are not pollution when it suits you?

I will state that the models used to predict the impending doom are unproven, in fact they have been consistently wrong. There is also evidence that the data used to drive them is also wrong and is selected to produce the required results.

Climate change appears to be more to do with people like you whipping up scare stories than with proper science. Why let real science get in the way of a disaster story you can profit from?

Reply to
dennis

Can you have the decency to answer my questions? Or are you a denier?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Feel free to stop farting any time you like. Don't expect me to.

Reply to
Richard

I'm worried, I agree with Dennis!! Climate change is a religion not a science.

Reply to
Capitol

Interesting, the way the climate change cultists use denier as a derogatory term.

Reply to
Richard

Sea/ocean levels aren't rising then?

Reply to
mechanic

Come on, this is uk.d-i-y not the proceedings of the Committee on Climate Change. Unlikely to find informed or rational argument on here!

Reply to
mechanic

They've ebbed and flowed. Just like everything. Natural cycles. Rhythms.

Get over this religious thing of yours. "Deniers" (unbelievers) are held in the same contempt by your religion as "infidels" (unbelievers) are by the Islamic faith.

Reply to
Richard

Soviet scientists have been saying that the sun is the main driver of climate change for decades.

Reply to
Nightjar

The problem is, it's supposed to be getting colder right now. But it isn't.

Reply to
harry

I have answered your question, are you going to answer mine?

Reply to
dennis

Sea/ocean levels change, its the normal state. Land levels also change.

Reply to
dennis

Even more worrying if you find yourself agreeing with Harry.

Reply to
bert