OT Sun's impact on climate change quantified for first time

"For the first time, model calculations show a plausible way that fluctuations in solar activity could have a tangible impact on the climate. Studies funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation expect human-induced global warming to tail off slightly over the next few decades. A weaker sun could reduce temperatures by half a degree."
http://tinyurl.com/klbxhvb
Interesting if real. As with all climate-model predictions, only time will tell.
--

Chris

That TinyURL isn't working. Apologies; I usually test them before posting. Try this http://www.snf.ch/en/researchinFocus/newsroom/Pages/news-170327-press-release-suns-impact-on-climate-change-quantified-for-first-time.aspx or this http://tinyurl.com/myk6t9o
--

Chris

Chris Hogg wrote:

The original link worked fine for me ...
The star we call home like most of them does vary in its output, but its very interesting to see over the years how much the climate of the earth has changed. I still however feel that to go down the Trump path is foolhardy. After all its not as if what America does only affects America, it affects everywhere. Even if the sun is variable shoving lower levels of greenhouse gas into our atmosphere is certainly not going to help. Brian
--
----- -
On Saturday, 1 April 2017 09:27:45 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles
On 01/04/2017 08:39, Chris Hogg wrote:

Its climate change scientists looking for a way to save face as their farcical claims are shown to have been rubbish.
On 01/04/2017 09:42, dennis@home wrote:

Are you suggesting it is smart to burn limited reserves of fossil fuels.
Do you deny CO2 is a greenhouse gas, as is methane?
On 01/04/2017 10:35, Fredxxx wrote:

Do you claim to know how much effect CO2 has as a greenhouse gas? Do you know methane has a much bigger effect? Do you know that water vapour has a far bigger effect than either of them? Do you propose we remove water from the atmosphere as its the biggest polluter by your standards? Or are you saying greenhouse gasses are not pollution when it suits you?
I will state that the models used to predict the impending doom are unproven, in fact they have been consistently wrong. There is also evidence that the data used to drive them is also wrong and is selected to produce the required results.
Climate change appears to be more to do with people like you whipping up scare stories than with proper science. Why let real science get in the way of a disaster story you can profit from?
On 01/04/2017 10:55, dennis@home wrote:

Can you have the decency to answer my questions? Or are you a denier?
"Fredxxx" wrote in message wrote:

Interesting, the way the climate change cultists use denier as a derogatory term.
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 11:24:51 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

Come on, this is uk.d-i-y not the proceedings of the Committee on Climate Change. Unlikely to find informed or rational argument on here!
On 01/04/2017 11:24, Fredxxx wrote:

I have answered your question, are you going to answer mine?
dennis@home wrote:

    I'm worried, I agree with Dennis!! Climate change is a religion not a science.

Even more worrying if you find yourself agreeing with Harry.
--
bert

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 10:55:14 +0100,

Sea/ocean levels aren't rising then?
"mechanic" wrote in message wrote:

They've ebbed and flowed. Just like everything. Natural cycles. Rhythms.
Get over this religious thing of yours. "Deniers" (unbelievers) are held in the same contempt by your religion as "infidels" (unbelievers) are by the Islamic faith.
On Saturday, 1 April 2017 15:21:08 UTC+1, Richard wrote:

The problem is, it's supposed to be getting colder right now. But it isn't.
"harry" wrote in message wrote:

Really? And who says it's supposed to be getting colder?
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:21:03 +0100, Richard wrote:

Ebbs and flows? That's tides you're thinking of mate, different timescales completely.
"mechanic" wrote in message wrote:

Relativity, mate.