OT; Standby/on call rates

Thats exactly the way I'm thinking. With the cwedit cwunch etc I'm very pleased at having a day a week pre booked for 3 months ahead, so I don't want to extract the urine.

Fairly low stand by fee & slightly higher call out sounds good.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And will they be able to authorise expenditure, and within what limits?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Have you thought of keeping a couple of flat-pack coffins on the roof-rack?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Good point. I'd only be involved in effecting a temporary repir though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I could always sub contract my paramedic daughter I suppose...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So let us know how you get on!

Reply to
The Wanderer

Not mine, but one of the other two...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Along with "discreet deep-cleaning service, no questions asked".

Reply to
dom

Had an 'incident' near here very recently. All I saw was a garage door covered with fingerprint dust but I guess there must have been other things. The 'discreet' cleaners came - parking right outside with the most brightly painted and sign-written van covered in flashing lights (not just the ordinary orange ones but what looked as bright as mini-camera flashes). Discreet (only) by name, brash by nature.

Reply to
Rod

Let's hope you're not lining up trying to pay for a siphon at B&Q on Boxing Day when the 50% off something or another "sale" starts.

Reply to
stuart noble

Another point - will they have access to plantrooms, stopcocks, main switchgear etc, in case you need to turn anything off to effect said temporary repair? And if they can give you access do you know what bits to turn off? Would be embarrassing if you turned off the campus water main just to stop a flood from a smashed loo cistern.

Working unsupervised in such locations may have health and safety implications too.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Or worse - on a Wednesday :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , Bob Eager writes

The one with the bar at the bottom of the steps ...?

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
geoff

Yes, that's true - Firman did that one year, he actually got paid for it IIRC

Reply to
geoff

No, this is in Chatham, and as far as I know there is only one bar...and it's near the site entrance, and called The Drunken Sailor...

I'm up there Wednesday afternoon...shall ask..

Reply to
Bob Eager

IIRC each block has a resident supervisor who would be the focal point for this sort of thing

Reply to
geoff

One of these days I'll get round to getting one of those cards. OTOH, Screwfix is over the road, as is Wickes, which between them supply nearly everything I'd get at B&Q, and cheaper too!

Reply to
<me9

========================================= It might be more sensible to decline the offer. All work and no play tends to kill off middle-aged workaholics.

If you accept this time you might feel obliged to accept again in the future when you're not up to it.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

AAMOI what gives you the impression that I'm (a) middle-aged and (b) a workaholic?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman