OT - small blue LED lights

Passed quite a few of them last few weeks on the way to work but seldom on the way home from work.

Random places - but usually on rural roads where it is not safe to stop and inspect.

And never in the same place twice.

I am guessing something thrown from a car window but what is it?

Reply to
ARW

Perhaps an 'LED throwie': LED + coin cell + magnet, taped together? Throw it at any steel surface and it sticks. It then stays lit until the battery runs down, which can take a few days.

They were fashionable about 10 years ago, maybe the fashion came back again?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

A [remote, quantum unknown] possibility: e-cigs.

That's on assumption that:

a. they still sell the ones with LEDs, and

b. they're more likely to be thrown from cars during/after a night out so still flashing come morning than during day for you to see come evening.

Reply to
Robin

This first started in the summer school holidays when I left early in the morning but came home when it was still daylight.

On the route between Royston (Barnsley) to Purston Jaglin

But as the days have got shorter I now get the same thing on the on the usual route to and back from work between Brierly and Notton Fatal Crossroads.

It just never seems safe to stop when I see one

Reply to
ARW

Discarded NTSC TV's :-) ?

Reply to
Andrew

I get this sometimes while on my walk around the village but I know what the cause might be. When did you last have a proper eye test ?.

Reply to
Andrew

My guess would be e-cig stubs - we see a lot of them when litter picking. They stop glowing after they have been run over a few times.

(some never glowed in the first place)

Reply to
Martin Brown

Just before Covid at

and gave myself enough time to fit a new CU at the same time.

Reply to
ARW

I'd go again, and mention the flashes.

You can also offer to give their CU its 2 year service. ;)

Reply to
GB

Especially if she's fit.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Good point. A useful source of lithium cells for portable projects, if you pick them up. Obligatory Big Clive video:

Theo

Reply to
Theo

So you have met RDS's other half?

RDS must have a massive knob and knows how to use it because she always smiles.

Reply to
ARW

Unusual place name. Bill

Reply to
wrights...

They are lamppost EV charging points that are broken, and disgruntled drivers have broken them off and thrown them away. Out of a petrol vehicle, obviously.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

stopped and grabbed this this morning

Reply to
ARW

3,500 puffs? That's some nightclub. Bill
Reply to
wrights...

Thanks for that. Confirms litter louts are found North and South, Town and Country. But IMHO it's evidence of a more serious decline in values. "Gummy Bear flavour" forsooth!

Reply to
Robin

The tobacco companies have to find new markets. Clearly it’s now children. Same as alcohol and alcopops.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Blue Oyster in Police Academy

ARW

At a glance, and before googling it, I though that is surprisingly large for 3.5nF capacitor :-)

Reply to
John Rumm