OT; Should I or shouldn't I?

The thoughts are that a high initial rate could be perceived as expensive - hence me not using the term, 'call out fee'

In some respects thats what I'm trying to avoid - the illusion of a 'hefty' call out.

Relatively few jobs come in at less than 2 hours. My most profitable days are 3 x 2 hour jobs.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It varies tremendously. If I were to do 5 x full days it equates to £800 per week, but 10 x half days @£100 equals £1k a week.

Most profitable is 2 x 2 hour jobs + 1 x 3 hour job. £1075 a week.

Of course the above is difficult from a logistics POV, but that is offset by the mark up on parts.

A 2 hour plumbing job where I fit service valves & flexible s can net me £90 margin.

A decking job where i can turn £400 of timber into a £1200 deck in 2 days is even better.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its a very sought after area - which obviously has its less attractive areas, but overall very popular.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

But a detached 3 bed on Rochester esplanade will set you back £450K

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If you haven't had a pay rise for 5 years, you're probably entitled to one. But you may have missed the boat. Remember all those up-coming redundant people having more round toits, less excuse for not DIYing, and no money to pay you.

Chris

Reply to
chrisj.doran

If you haven't had a pay rise for 5 years, you're probably entitled to one.

The hourly rate for what I do hasn't changed in ten

tim

Reply to
tim....

And the most expensive houses in the area overlook the free moorings, according to Nestoria.

Personally, I reckon the Medway area's OK to visit, but I'd not want to live there. People who do want to live there reckon it's worth up to a million quid to do so. In fact, for me, extend the Medway area to the whole of the Home Counties.

Houses in my area top out at an eighth of that, with a minimum rent of sixty quid a week at the bottom end. Boat moorings are about a hundred a week for something you could live on if it were allowed.

Reply to
John Williamson