OT Renewables UK

Renewable enrgy in the UK

Reply to
harryagain

Unbelievable c*ck promulgated by vested interests. One fifth of our energy needs - my arse. A measly 1.5GW today - out of the 7 we were promised and have paid for.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Is still more expensive, very much less reliable and produces more CO2 and kills more people per TWh than nuclear power

Reply to
Nightjar

OK, go to the horse's mouth ...

Wind and hydro generation were up. But if you look at chart 6.3, onshore & offshore wind capacities have barely increased in the past 5 quarters, so in effect it boils down to it being a warm, wet, windy quarter - tell us something we didn't know.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In article , harryagain scribeth thus

Yes scary isn't it .. with this bollix being spouted...

Dr Doug Parr, chief scientist and policy director at Greenpeace UK, added: ?Nobody noticed the lights going off because the intermittent wind was not blowing,? alluding to critics of renewable energy who argue that such technologies are unreliable because it is at the mercy of the sun, wind and rain.

?We are still nowhere near the limit of renewable energy the system can deal with in terms of the intermittency issue,? Dr Parr said, adding that onshore wind is the cheapest form of low-carbon energy.

Reply to
tony sayer

Confirming that the Greens are by far the biggest threat to mankind. A midwinter one way trip to Rockall so they can all, very briefly, live in harmony with mother nature is the only solution.

Reply to
The Other Mike