OT: Rebellion of plants, no more oxygen

How would you greenie treehuggers like it if the government of plants decided they'd reduce their oxygen emissions? We need it to breathe. They need CO2 to breathe.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I think they have since the era of T-rex.

Oxygen levels were thought to be as high as 32% in those days.

Where did all the nitrogen come from ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Go troll your shit somewhere else Hucker.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

BONUS - Just think - if you stop breathing there will be more for the rest of us.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

+1
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

If I saw you in need of CPR, I'd make sure I suffocated you.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I'll put him down as a Green Party loonie.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

It was a perfectly sensible comment.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

More CO2 aswell,and funnily enough the world didn't end.

It's inert, I don't care. Look it up if you want.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Well, what brought this on?

Funnily enough, one of the Nobel prise winners was talking about an enzyme to split Co2 down to carbon and Oxygen making energy in the form of carbon and oxygen. I guess you could cycle it around for ever, but surely some energy would be needed, just like a plant does. The perpetual motion machine does not exist, there are always inefficiencies that mean you end up using more energy than you create. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Minerals in the soil. I'm not going to go into biology, and what happens to nitrogen here. I think a lot of the answers lies inside stars when they create elements, at the moment the Japanese space probe looking at that asteroid might be able to throw up a lot of answers as they are looking at the left over from creation of the Planets. Why is there so much nitrogen in Neptune's Atmosphere,and for that matter how come the gas giants all have different gasses in them, proportionately?

I don't believe plants have a government, and the start of this thread was probably a troll, but like climbing mountains cos they are there, it seems a shame not to promote an off topic thread that at least at the moment is nothing to do with politics, immigration or religious discrimination or indeed colour of skin. Plants come in all shapes and sizes. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Do you realise there are more cells in your body which are not of human origin than those which are. Between the flora and fauna on your skin and the organisms in your gut that is.

So its not just plants that we need. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If we are talking about moral things and all that, there is an old book called The Death of Metal, that I read as a kid which although very far fetched, did make me think. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Way too much bacteria around, we could do without that for a start.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

I was no trolling, it was a fair point. CO2 is food for plants. Trying to cut down the emissions of it is pure insanity.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

The incessant whining of treehuggers brought it on. I think the last occurrence was "CO2 Neutral" written on a delivery to my house.

I assume the enzyme absorbs energy from sunlight, most biofuel creation devices do this.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

After watching the first day opening of Primark in Oxford St (*)and a Black Friday event at a UK Walmart, I think there will some fascinating youtube videos of peoples behaviour if a nice big asteroid ever heads our way.

(*) Entire door ripped off by the mad crowd.

Reply to
Andrew

Some people are beyond help. I do laugh when I hear of people being trampled while trying to escape from a fire. You'd never get ants doing that to each other.

A nice big catastrophe like an asteroid would seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Quite rude I thought.

Bill