OT Reading M4 Westbound Travelodge question

As uk.d-i-y the place to find most answers in the world I'll ask here.

I am booked in on the Westbound side Travelodge.

However I am working to the West.

So to get from work to the hotel it looks like you can exit on the eastbound M4, drive through the Eastbound services onto Burghfield Road, cross over the M4 and enter the Westbound services via Deans Copse Road.

Anyone here that confirm that please?

It looks similar to Woolley Edge services where I drive through the "Lodge guests only" road to join the motorway in a morning instead of driving to junction 38 of the M1.

TIA

Reply to
ARW

I'm pretty sure there are no physical barriers, but it's 'authorised access only', so at your own risk. I've done it, though on a motorbike.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Streetview suggests rising bollards controlling access to Burghfield which looked live in 2016

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4255154,-1.030565,3a,45.1y,82.66h,81.01t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s6MYzDDfKk8cRTyDrqyzh-g!2e0!5s20160901T000000!7i13312!8i6656?entry=ttu but are now without the warning signs so perhaps dead

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4255098,-1.0305547,3a,75y,91.15h,95.06t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_r3EJRlS6hG_ZxGpRbhkXA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu Still with cameras monitoring but AFAIK "No unauthorised access" is not a traffic management sign; and if so no fine/points. I don't see how they could impose a civil charge without warning of the amount but then I don't know how civil works for moving traffic.

Reply to
Robin

Woolley Edge has similar signage. And I use their roads on a frequent basis as a short cut.

Doncaster now have cameras on the North Bridge. I always used to drive over that and through the bus station to beat the queues on St Georges Bridge.

Reply to
ARW