[OT] Pointless bus/cycle lanes

Remind me, exactly what is wrong with the Hawaii data set?

newshound

Another inconvenient truth....

"For the interior of the Antarctic continent, specifically the region near the South Pole, the winter of 2021 was among the coldest on record. At the National Science Foundation?s Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, temperatures for June, July, and August were 3.4 degrees Celsius (6.1 degrees Fahrenheit) lower than the 1981-to-2010 average at -62.9 degrees Celsius (-81.2 degrees Fahrenheit). This is the second coldest winter (June-July-August months) on record, behind only 2004 in the 60-year weather record at the South Pole Station. For the polar darkness period, from April through September, the average temperature was -60.9 degrees Celsius (-77.6 degrees Fahrenheit), a *record for those months*."

Gosh. Is the BBC blasting this sensational climate news of "massive, unprecedented" cooling, anywhere?

Thought not.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well there does seem to be this incredible willingness on the part of the victims to go along with it all. And those of us who challenge the orthodoxy are attacked by those we are trying to help! Some ancient Jewish sage observed the phenomenon 5000 years ago. I can't now recall the exact quote, but it did sum up the absurd situation perfectly. (I'm not Jewish, BTW, just in case Nomen Nesco or whatever his nym is is reading this).

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Ah, there you go. I knew that was coming. Yet you wonder why I won't bother furnishing you with evidence! --

"In this sense, the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: abolition of private property."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I'll take a look into it later, Newsy......

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

No, I do not wonder. I know you can't provide the evidence.

Reply to
Fredxx

But not dedicated to impoverishing the people and making their lives as inconvenient as possible.

Reply to
JNugent

What is it about referring to original *hard-copy* print sources for meaningful research that you find so hard to comprehend? Once again: you will get nowhere by clicking that mouse of yours.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Congrats on making that breakthrough. You can now stop asking for something you know for sure in your own mind I can't provide. Glad we finally got that settled. --

"Abolition of the family! Even the most radical flare up at this infamous proposal of the Communists."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The CO2 levels over the course of the 20th Century have not changed one iota; Britannica's editorial policy clearly has since it moved online, however.

The CURRENT levels are of no consquence! All my studies concern the levels of CO2 over the course of the 20th Century for the simple reason that it has been the most polluting (by mankind) in world history. And I've never claimed levels were anywhere near 300ppm. Do try to get your facts right.

LOL! Seriously I did have to laugh out loud at that comment. That is

*your* interpretation of events and certainly not mine.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Basically it conflicts with the historical print sources. It shows an increasing trend in atmospheric CO2 over the period covered. Now, my figures only go up to 2009 so I've never claimed I have up to date stats for the levels (but that's of no concern to me anyway). My print sources - ALL of them - clearly show NO increase in CO2 between

1960 and 2009. None whatsoever. In fact levels have remained at ~385ppm since at least 1898. Given this covers the most polluting perioid on world history, any reasoning person might conclude that any warming the planet may be going through has nothing whatever to do with CO2 levels. HTH. --

"The Communists are further reproached with desiring to abolish countries and nationality."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

But you said the greenhouse effect does not even exist, so why are you blathering 'bout CO2 levels? They can mean nothing!!!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You're attributing things to me that I never wrote, m8. All I've said is that my research proves that CO2 levels have been at or around

380ppm over the course of the entire 20th century. That's all I'm claiming. I have no figures for anything since 2009 and I've never claimed levels of anything less than 380ppm for any period. HTH. --

"There are, besides, eternal truths, such as Freedom, Justice, etc., that are common to all states of society. But Communism abolishes eternal truths, it abolishes all religion,and all morality, instead of constituting them on a new basis; it therefore acts in contradiction to all historical experience."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You still haven't addressed the question I posed earlier. I'll re-quote it here for you to answer:

"Incidentally, would you be, by any remote chance, the same Rod Speed described in this magazine article?"

Please address the question.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well duh. Others aren't so well informed I'm afraid.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well, I see that once again you have entirely ignored my earlier 2 posts requesting further info on the question of your legitimate locus standi here and clarificiation as to whether or not you are the troll a reputable computer science magazine tried to warn everyone about. Until such time as you answer that point, I think it's probably just for the best if I merely append my sig file, so I don't waste further time with the likes of you, pending receipt of the aforementioned info.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It is possible but you're right, it takes a lot of road space. You put the cycle lane along the kerb, then another space (with the "right" paint) big enough to accommodate doors then the parking lane then the driving lane.

Reply to
Graham Harrison