OT Pix of Italy

Doctored up a bit mayhap?

Reply to
harryagain

Nice to see we left some of it standing after 1943!

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Possibly the colours were made a bit more vibrant than reality (but it's hard to properly capture the reality in a mere photograph).

I like the last one (Cala Dogana, Levanzo) for its surreal effect in regard of the boats floating in crystal clear water.

Reply to
Johny B Good

When I was in Shanghai in 1988/9, everywhere was universally filthy grey, helped by the steelworks right by the road. But photos of it always came out looking clean and crisp. It might have been something in the processing, but it was annoying being unable to show what it really looked like. This was true for both still shots and videocams.

Reply to
Davey

Photoshopped and/or HDRd (number 7 in particular) to within an inch of their lives. Awful.

Classic application of a polarising filter in front of the camera - rotate it to cancel the reflections from the surface, and you also get a nice boost in colour saturation as a bonus.

Reply to
John Rumm