OT: Ping Cursitor Doom

I can't help it if CD posts hearsay as fact which he is unable to corroborate.

Nonsense.

Thanks, I have and it doesn't exist.

Reply to
Fredxx

Then you'll be able to point to a web page showing your literature search, won't you.

After all, you expect it of CD.

Reply to
Spike

Just look at the first 100 hits:

It would be much easier if you got with CD and actually read his list of publications with CO2 l3evels in 1900.

Lets refresh us with his list, "I bought a ton more chemistry books off Ebay, plus all the top encyclopaedias: Britannica, Americana, Universal, Chambers, British, Everymans and so on. And I bought multiple editions of same from different time periods covering the whole of the 20th Century. For example, I have 3 different editions of Britannica alone - the last of which was a 2009 DVD edition."

There, all he needs to do is re-find these non-existent numbers of CO2 in 1900. It should be a trivial matter.

How many chemistry books do you think CD gets to the ton?

Reply to
Fredxx

None of which disproves what CD is saying

We still haven't seen your web page with your literature search.

Reply to
Spike

Did you see any CO2 levels in 1900 that were in the 400ppm? You will find many that are circa 200ppm.

And nothing that proves what CD is saying

It is up to CD to validate his claim. But you also know he can't provide any evidence because it doesn't exist. All he needs is one or two pieces of evidence to backup his claim from his *tons* of chemistry books, encyclopedias etc.

If you think the burden of proof doesn't rest on CD then you are guilty of an Argument from Ignorance.

Reply to
Fredxx

This Fredxx character - aside from being an increasingly obvious troll

- is also a lying bastard. There is no way on God's earth he would have been able to evaluate the evidence I found in the timescale of this thread; the very idea is preposterous. It took me *over a year* just to acquire all the source material alone, as the majority of sellers on Ebay state they will not arrange for delivery and the buyer must collect them for himself. Also, none of the titles are available on online archives, so when he claims to have seen my evidence and it doesn't exist, he is LYING.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's a lie you've looked through a ton of chemistry books. How many books would that be?

Reply to
Fredxx

Now you're being a complete fathead. "A ton of" in a context like this means "many". It's an Americanism.

Reply to
Tim Streater

CD made a claim - one which is plausible.

You countered with a statement - not a claim - that he was a liar.

Apart from the offensive tone of your post, that then put you in the position of having to defend that claim. We are waiting for your evidence. So far, you have provided none.

What you need to be very careful of is what CD is claiming. So far you seem to be arguing that his apples are really oranges. I suggest you up your game, or take your own advice and shut up.

Reply to
Spike

I think it it useful to note that Einstein wasn't awarded his PhD for his Relativity work, probably because it was beyond the grasp of his examiners. His PhD was awarded for something more mundane, due probably to a sense of self-preservation on their part. It was always thus...

What new grounds did your PhD break?

Reply to
Spike

From Einstein's Winky article: He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to theoretical physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect", a pivotal step in the development of quantum theory.

Not something I'd call mundane.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That he read through a ton of chemistry books? How many books would you think that could be. How many lifetimes would that take.

When you chastise CD for making false claims, like reading a ton of chemistry books and claiming evidence that simply does not exist, and so cannot reference, I will happily answer your questions/accusation posed at me.

Reply to
Fredxx

All because I asked CD to provide his evidence?

As Tim highlights Einstein was awarded something far more important than a PhD so I don't see the relevance of your post to someone here making unsubstantiated claims.

Reply to
Fredxx

I fully realise that you've been trolling from the start. I find it amusing watching your ground-shifting and goal-post moving. But now you're just being really silly. You should follow your own advice, and shut up.

Reply to
Spike

I fully realise that you've been trolling from the start. I find it amusing watching your ground-shifting and goal-post moving. But now you're just being really silly. You should follow your own advice, and shut up.

Reply to
Spike

There you go being a shit-for-brains again. I already pointed out that "a ton of" means "many" in this context, not that the collection of books involved weighed a ton.

Do get a f****ng clue.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I'm sorry you think I'm a troll for asking CD to back his claims with evidence.

Reply to
Fredxx

I see you are happy to accept any claim that conforms to your false beliefs without any evidence.

Resorting to abuse is a feature of a lost argument.

Reply to
Fredxx

I'm sorry you think I'm a troll for asking CD to back his claims with evidence.

Reply to
Fredxx

He won't, though - or can't! He keeps demanding I go to the time and trouble of posting evidence for him - an obvious troll! Why would anyone in their right mind waste their valuable time in trying to convince HIM of all people? Some anonymous newsgroup troll!

When I say "a ton of books" then of course that is a figure of speech as our troll friend surely knows well enough. However, The physical encyclopaedias alone weigh in at several hundred pounds, so as exaggerations go, it's not actually *that* far out.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom