OT: Physics

Which is the salient point. The clock only responds to the period, it doesn't give a monkey's how it was arrived at.

Reply to
Tim Streater

At school we were taught g was 9.81 m/s^2. But in slide rule/pre calculator days we took it to be 10 to get the right magnitude of answer and to show we knew where to use it.

Reply to
soup

This is what the tourbillon movement is designed to compensate for, innit?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In uk.d-i-y message , Tue, 24 Nov 2015

16:09:03, Tim+ posted:

Roughly so; but Big Ben is really a bell, not a clock.

Reply to
Dr J R Stockton

Yes it around 9.81 around latitudes of 45-55 N and S.

Reply to
ed