OT - Office Phone Disposal

Hi all

Our office has replaced its phone system and we are left with 26 desk phones that are surplus to requirements.

Is there anyone out there wants any? The boss man will let these go for nominal £100 plus postage. The phone is Interquartz 9335 in black.

The DIY bit is that I had to manage the install and make sure IT systems close by were not impacted.

Any recommendations on disposal other than eBay or the skip appreciated.

Apologies if this breaks any group advertising rules, but as a reasonably regular poster/visitor I am hoping for a bit of leeway here.

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

ebay, amazon, freegle, charities.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Sling them in the boot of the car and take them to the nearest charity shop, or shops. You could phone around first for the best prospect

- ten minutes max.

Ebaying will probably involve too much fannying around with postage and packing for what you'll get out of it. Unless you're already into eBay. In which case you probably wouldn't be asking.

michael adams

michael adams

Does one have to have the lot. I'm not familiar with the model. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Not necessarily I suppose - just made sense as there's enough for a reasonable size business here.

They look like the one with the digital display shown here

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Call up Interquartz, they may take them off your hands for refurbishing etc?

Reply to
WeeBob

before you do any of this, make sure that they work when connected directly into a phone line (if this is, indeed, what you expect)

some integrated pabx "terminals" are completely useless unless plugged into the matching switchboard.

If that is what you have, I suspect that the value, 2nd hand, of such devices is now zilch

tim

Reply to
tim.....

On the contrary, PABX terminals can be sought-after if they're no longer ma de (or are still expensive new) and there is still a sizeable user base.

Plain old phones, well offices are moving away from traditional PABX to VoI P etc. There's a batch of about 20 office phones on ebay at the moment, abo ut £30 at 1 bid.

These days I think I'd be grateful if anyone would take them off my hands f or nowt and I don't have to pay business waste charges to take them for rec ycling.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog