OT Nuclear Waste.

Legacy stuff, Harry, left over from the days when nuclear power plants were run primarily to make plutonium for weapons, as the article points out, and heat was something of a by-product. They don't do it like that any more (as you well know), and they are dealing with those ponds, if only slowly.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

The story seems to talk about as it something new I used to work there many years ago now, and I know where those ponds are, and the building one of them its next to

Further down the page, someone posted Building30, which we used call B30.

Reply to
BobH

Deja vue all over again? Are they just going to rename the area again?

Still could be worse, if all the prawns in Morcombe bay start to glow it will save on lighthouses. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I used to visit an office which overlooked those in the 1980's. They looked much the same then.

Reply to
newshound