OT More heights

why the reference to height above sea level?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

All the other reports (all appearing to regurgitate the same press release) also refer to the height above sea level. Enshi is about 650 miles from the sea:

googled "Enshi Grand Canyon" the wire was probably considerably more than 6' above the ground, looking at photos taken of him doing the walk from below probably not more than 50' AGL.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Seems to me that that rope is anything but "slack". Is this some new definition of the word slack?

Tim

Reply to
Tim

He'd still get a few scratches if he fell.

Reply to
brass monkey

"........................including a cantilevered walkway where you are 300m up a 600m tall cliff face."

2000ft if he did it at its highest
Reply to
fred

slack until he stood on it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It didn't say it was slack. It did say he was a slackline walker. I expect he is also a tightrope walker too.

What amazes me is how stupid these adrenalin junkies are.

Reply to
dennis

It's a journalist - they don't do facts.

Reply to
grimly4

Well he might be a unicyclist as well but it wouldn't be relevant to the feat. Seems daft to mention his other skills if it's not relevant to the feat being publicised.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I'm no. It looked pretty tight before he started. I suspect "slackrope" has morphed into very nearly as tight as a tightrope over the years. Certainly other "slackropes" that I've seen had no pre-tension.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Hmm, looking at wiki would suggest I'm confusing "slackline" and "slackrope/wire" which are not the same thing. Still seems an odd use of the word "slack" which to my mind would surely mean "under no tension other than that created by the line's own weight".

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Is the bloke at 35 seconds into the video telling him which way to go?

TBH If he is stupid enough to walk the rope he might need such guidance!

Reply to
ARWadsworth