[OT] Mini cask by post

A regular Christmas treat to myself is a mini cask (about 8 pints) of bitter, usually Southwold from Adnams, but this year, Adnams seem to be offering mini kegs only.

Any suggestions of breweries happy to post mini casks? Just ordinary, everyday, honest bitter.

Reply to
Graeme

Try Hogsback

Reply to
charles

In message snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk>, charles snipped-for-privacy@candehope.me.uk> writes

Thanks for that. Unfortunately minimum size is 20 pints, which I'll struggle to get through in the few days it remains fresh.

Reply to
Graeme

Go on - force yourself. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Sadly, a local brewery is desperate to flog off what beer they have:

We have 36 pint bag in box's available of the following beers: .....

These boxes come with their own tap, ready to enjoy a pint at home.

These boxes are available for LOCAL delivery or Brewery pick up.

Sadly, we're unable to ship these via courier.

Obviously, too much beer. And I bought my box of a dozen bottles a couple of days before this.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

another possibility - going further north - is Stewart Brewery in Edinburgh

Reply to
charles

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

<grin> Trouble is, 5 pints a day for 4 days and I'd spend most of Christmas asleep :-)
Reply to
Graeme

Do they have to be posted? Perhaps you can source an 8 pint container and get your local pub to fill it up for you.

Alternatively get a poly pin (big box) then bottle a portion of it to keep longer term in true DIY fashion. :-)

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

And the downside is......?

Hic

Dave R

Reply to
David

A pint with breakfast, a pint with lunch, a pint with dinner, and 2 pints in the evening, sounds quite moderate for a farm worker in the 1930s, or a Wetherspoons customer :)

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I suppose it would depend how strong it was. But at my age it would be going to the loo a lot. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Does the rule 'first two pints, then each pint thereafter' still apply?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

According to (I think) Mail Online this morning Jeremy Clarkson has got through 500 cases of wine since the March lockdown. Even if they are these new-fangled 6 bottle cases (*I* remember when a case was 12 bottles) that is pretty impressive.

Reply to
newshound

At a minimum :-)

Reply to
Graeme

I ordered a case of 12x500ml bottles of 7% ale on Tues. evening and it arrived at about 8.30 Thurs. a.m. £25 inc. delivery.

Reply to
PeterC

My first attempt at brewing my own beer (cream stout, from St Peters) was a resounding success. And the 36 pints that it made has kept fresh (it still tastes fine) for a good few weeks. Amazingly I haven't needed to add any CO2 to the cask: there's no sign of air trying to bubble back in through the spigot, so evidently there's still excess CO2 pushing the beer out. There's still about an inch of beer above the spigot so a couple of pints left.

Reply to
NY

In message <qgzy0taxmk0m.16tq9zf93dh8$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net, PeterC snipped-for-privacy@homecall.co.uk> writes

That looks promising, thank you