OT - low temperature wash

It may have two hose connections but internally one may not be connected.

In addition, cold fill is designed to wash your clothes in colder water before heating it to make sure that you don't cook in any stains.

A hot only wash doesn't necessarily mean cleaner clothes.

Reply to
alan_m

No, this one is definitely both hot and cold. I don't have the model number to hand, but it's a Hotpoint.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yes helped my mum recently with getting a new machine and you can definitely get both cold only and Hot & cold fill machines (our few years old Bosch is cold only)

I assume that even hotter washes on a machine with hot and cold fill start off with moslty cold water and warm up so as to give the enzymes in bio powders a chance to work (and not to set stains that set with heat).

I suspect they don't actually use that much hot water (hence the move to cold fill only)

Reply to
Chris French

According to the manual my cold fill machine's total usage is in the range 55 to 75 litres, and that includes rinsing.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In our case the run for the hot is long enough that it would be a complete waste to use the hot so we got cold fill only.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just to report back that I tried the 30C 30 minute wash and it seemed to perform O.K.

Could this lead to a reduction in our electricity bills?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Our washer backs up to the boiler - a pipe run of under a metre.

Reply to
S Viemeister

What about when it comes to washing your swimming trunks ?

adams...

Reply to
michael adams

Ooops!

michael adams

michael adams

I guess washing swimming trunks would be the least of their worries when competing in water contaminated with sewage.

I wonder how much they paid in bribes to get those venues approved.

Reply to
alan_m