OT: "Locked" mobile (Sony w800i)

Had this since new in 2006. Since being given a work mobile, it's only been used as my PCs SMS portal (via bluetooth). Last worked in November.

Been kept charged all the time.

Out of curiosity, when to check it, and it's now asking for a "Phone Lock Code" which seems to be 4-8 digits.

This is *NOT* the "PIN" code, as it seems to allow any number of wrong guesses without locking the phone. In fact I wish it *would* lock the phone - I have the PUK.

O2 (original source) support are useless, just saying "I must have put the code in" (I ****ing well didn't).

Googling isn't much help.

Anyone experienced this, or have an inkling as to what's going on ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Anything of help here?

Chris Hogg

In article , Jethro_uk writes

uk.telecom.mobile ?

Reply to
fred

Not sure how helpful this will be but... I used to have a phone which had a phone lock which was indeed different to the pin code. The pin code prote cted the SIM where as the other code protected the phone. As I recall, the phone code was optional but I can't say for sure whether you had to enter both if you had it enabled. Does the phone have a SIM card in it? Maybe th e default is that if the SIM is not in it, it falls back to the phone code. Worth a try at least

Reply to
leenowell

X-posted. I used to subscribe, but it seemed to be dying :(

Reply to
Jethro_uk

No, the SIM works in another phone.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Is it possible someone else has asked to have their phone 'blocked' after loss/theft and some muppet has entered a wrong IMEI number (or whatever it is - phone ID number) that was in effect your phone's IMEI?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Might be worth looking at:

I have used it in the past to reflash and unlock SE handsets.

Reply to
John Rumm

========================= ================\

========================= ================/

I had a quick look at the manual

and it looks like the defa ult is "0000" so maybe try that? The phone could have reset itself and def aulted back to it switched on and 0000?

Reply to
leenowell

fault is "0000" so maybe try that? The phone could have reset itself and d efaulted back to it switched on and 0000?

Actually.... looking at the manual again, removing/ replacing the SIM could trigger the phone to require the unlock code.

Reply to
leenowell