OT: It could happen to you

Power outages in northeastern China have plunged millions of homes into darkness, triggered factory shutdowns and threatened to disrupt the water supply in at least one province.

The Global Times tabloid on Tuesday said the ?unexpected? and ?unprecedented? electricity cuts in the provinces of Jilin, Liaoning and Heilongjiang were caused by power rationing during peak hours.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Also predicted to cut China's GDP growth to 'only' about 7.8%.

A more serious problem is the debt crisis that the chinese property company Evergrande faces. It has over $300 billion in outstanding loans and no way of making interest payments.

Going to be interesting.

Reply to
Andrew

did I never tell you the world is fecked ? ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

totly

Reply to
Andrew

good... thought I had ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

One would have thought that these could be managed and forecast. Or are we seeing the result of algorithms controlling the grid here, rather than rational humans?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa