OT-ish: Should be interesting

I look after the volts for our Village Hall and we just switched from EDF to npower. I was told that I'd be notified when to go read the meter for the final reading. In the event I didn't get told the switchover date in a timely way, so it turns out that between them, they've estimated what the switchover meter readings were. I only discovered this when the first bill came, today.

At the end of June to took readings but was unable to submit them until today as we had a lightning strike that took out our router, and the ISP was a bit slow in getting a new one out.

Now it turns out that the actual readings for end-June are *below* those estimated readings for end-May, when the switchover took place. I entered them anyway and it'll be interesting to see what they do with them.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There's an independent arbiter who decides what the changeover reading will be, and the losing and gaining provider will both use that, so you will only be charged once for the usage, it depends which supplier is more expensive whether you will marginally win or lose.

Reply to
Andy Burns

On 08 Jul 2019, Andy Burns wrote (in article snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>):

Thanks for that: prolly marginally lose then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Scratch their heads as usual and simply resend the bill.

Its very interesting to note, for example that the new fixed price deal I entered into with edf does not actually change when a meter is read so there will always be about a month of estimation. Now ho would perhaps guess that the estimation will be on the high side?

Since being blind I cannot go there and look and also since they won't fit a smart meter as they cannot get any talking ones at the moment and are not willing to do a reading I might call that disability discrimination. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff