[OT] Is Curry's as crap as it used to be or is it now fantastic?

Ah, Bob: Am I dreaming, or was it you who recommended a white goods supplier somewhere localish to Canterbury?

Looking for Washing Machine and Fridge freezer.

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Yes, although I haven't used him for a while. You have to go there and see what he's got, though. J.R.Cowan, 52 New St, Ash. CT3 2BN

Reply to
Bob Eager

John Lewis has recently been taking flack for their poor customer service since outsourcing it to Crapita.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

It's difficult. You'll likely only really find out about customer service if you have a problem. And by nature, the big majority of transactions don't have problems.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's interesting but which organisation do you mean when you say "Crapita"?

Reply to
pamela

I just saw some shocking reviews for John Lewis. Has John Lewis's cutomer service become as bad as this?

On Trustpilot 2,000 score John Lewis as 1.5 out of 10

Trustpilot had been scathing about Curry's (scoring them 2.8 out of 10) which made me to start this thread because that score is completely different to Revoo's 96%.

But now I'm wondering if the problem is with Trustpilot rather than Curry's or John Lewis.

Reply to
pamela

Some people will buy an innappropriate product, or mis-use it and then blame the place they bought it from.

The adage "Buyer Beware" is still relevant.

Not a great fan of Currys - but I have used them and have not been let down

- but I had dome my research and knew what I wanted.

I prefer John Lewis as I believe their Buyers make good stock selections. I once had a TV problem and they happily wapped it and refunded some money as the price had gone down (Honest). Turned out the problem was my broadband though.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Having visited John Lewis a few times now (only because it's near our regular supermarket) I really struggle to see what the fuss is.

Certainly they don't seem to stock anything special that you can't get anywhere else nearby.

They *do* seem to push a lot of tat. And some not very joined-up logic.

Coffee machines ? Yes sir. We have ones upto (and over) £1,000. We even have a dedicated salesperson to help you spend.

Jug or thermometer for milk frothing ? What's that sir ? (Actually they said "If we have it, it'll be over there". Which they didn't, and it wasn't). Luckily, we didn't need one (having bought them online with next day delivery). But it was a good test :)

It's a shame, because my Mum swore by JL. But then she also swore by M&S, and they're shit these days too.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

and they also had one at £29!

Reply to
charles

Capita their website is

Lucrative government contracts seem to go to them eg parts of the prison service, Teachers Pensions etc. I think they originally earned the name "crapita" in 1996 when they took over the "administration" of Teachers Pensions and made a pigs ear of it "earning" lots of money for themselves in the process!

Alan

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

Well that might explains a lot about why John Lewis is getting a bad name. My Googling found this article in the Guardian.

"Is John Lewis in danger of throwing away its long-held and hard-won reputation for being Britain?s best-managed retailer? Guardian Money readers have been filling our postbag with tales of poor service from John Lewis ? and even members of staff have joined in, albeit anonymously.

Longstanding customers, some of whom have shopped at the store for 30 years, have described their experience of service levels in recent months in terms of shock and disappointment."

"'The service we received was most un-John Lewis like' has been a common theme in many of the letters we have received.

Customers describe a lack of promised callbacks following problems, leaving them feeling John Lewis is no better than any other online retailer."

services-digital-age

Reply to
pamela

My only experience of JL is playing with the toys on the top floor in Oxford Street where you're given more scope than in a lot of places. But given their reputation for quality, and their never undersold price guarantee, it seemed inevitable that once they'd gone online and word got around they'd eventually get out of their depth. In addition they're probably now attracting a higher proportion of smartarses looking to exploit the fine print, than in their traditional stores.

Basically like all "good things", once word really gets out, it all goes down the pan.

michael adams

michael adams