OT:- Internet of sh*t

For your amusement:-

How to reset a GE smart lightbulb. Me? I leave all the lights on 24/7, much easier.

Andy Bennet

a DIGITAL light bulb....who would have thought it .....stupid

how can the merrycans not use a push on push off switch like us ......those stupid turn on and off switches are pants........

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Unless I have missed something, how soon before any of these in the wild (public spaces) get reset by "helpful" hackers. (Or helpful "hackers" ?).

Vaguely reminds me of the days when kids would write a program in BASIC on a display ZXthingy in W.H. Smiths ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Jim GM4DHJ ...

"I reset mine by using a dumpster"

classic

wtf is this all about anyway

For anybody too lazy to get up out of their couch to switch their lamps on and off by hand (OK I'll admit there might be some remote locations where this is useful)

surely the easier solution is to install smart wall switches

That way your only paying for the tech once, not every time you fit a new f****ng bulb

tim

Reply to
tim...

How does a hippy turn on the TV?

Reply to
ARW

ha ha

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Where do hippies come into this? Am puzzled.

Reply to
Pamela

shoves a joint in the aerial socket?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Graham.

I thought for a moment you war being literal. It was prompted by a boy in a class a month or so ago. Apparently the class were to imagine themselves as spies and had to suggest a device that would help them in this regard. These were 8 or 9 year olds. Several of course immediately thought of dog shit. Hey, we could build an internet enabled microphone into a fake dog shit you can buy from Amazon as a gag, and leave it by the seat in the park where the spy is talking. I imagine this has been done already, but I thought it was brilliant.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I also used to hate those touch plate switches. I used to walk past them and they would go on or off randomly without touching them. I had a little bedside light like that at one time. That eventually went the same way. I do have a clock that talks the time if you touch it but that seems pretty stable. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff